PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thailand Forums - Most Popular - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Sid Leonard - From California

I joined in 2007, but have not used this wonderful site until recently.

As a retired school principal, I served as a volunteer English teacher with WorldTeach at a teachers college in Bangkok many years ago, where I met my Thai wife (then an instructor at the college). After residing in the U.S. for the last 20 years, my wife and I intend to move permanently to Thailand. So, I have been working on learning the language for all these many years - not so easy for one my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How I learn Thai

I have been trying to learn some Thai for more than 20 years now. Luckily my efforts have been more or less successfulalready!
    I started - the first time I went to Thailand - with a book with the ridiculous title "Easy Thai". This is more than ridiculous, because there is no such thing as Easy Thai! Thai is a really difficult language for westerners.
    My first serious attempt to learn the language was with the FSI Basic Thai course. Books with tapes. The material is really ...
    Tags: 17 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Please assist- I want to install a Internet Dish at my House?

Can anybody please assist me...........I live in a Village- Non Kho- 10 km from Muang Samsip (Ubon Ratchatani-Thailand) and are having difficulties with my internet connection. I am currently using a CAT CDMA internet 3G mobile modem and the connection seems to have deteriorated since we bought it. We had excellent reception in the beginning (One and a half year ago). I have enquired at several places, but all just want to sell me a new modem with no guarantee that it will work at Non Kho Village. ...
    Tags: 17 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Pak Chong: My Bruce Lee Story

Quote Originally Posted by Arwing View Post
    Sadly, i only made it to the ice factory. With more time (and a Thai friend) i could have discovered many more of the places featured in the movie. For some reason there is little to no information regarding this online. Yet for his last movie, "Enter the Dragon" there is a plethora of information. All the scenes, locations and how to get there. I had to pick up my things from Chiang Mai and then i head south to Phuket (where i fly to Australia from). So i had a lot of ground to cover
    Categories
    Uncategorized