PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Motorbike rental VS Public transport - Blogs - Thailand Forums
View RSS Feed

Arwing

Motorbike rental VS Public transport

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Arwing View Post
I'm a big fan of motorbike rental, especially in Thailand. You can base yourself anywhere you desire, yet still have the freedom to go where you want, when you want. But with THIS.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	22109
One of the favourite spots. Nawarat bridge, inbound to Tapae Gate.

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	22108
This guy had a license, so was fine.

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	22110
I didn't have a license, so got a fine.

..... becoming a daily problem, rather than a monthly one, public transport is beginning to show its appeal. Previously, there were no buses within the city itself. Sawngthaew have always been the "buses" of Chiang Mai. Until recently that is. Chiang Mai has now introduced these small buses to the city.....

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	22111

..... all the information is in Thai so i'm presenting this the best i can from my own experiences and what i could glean from the afore mentioned information. There are 3 main buses / routes. BLUE (B1), GREEN (B2) and RED (10). B1 and B2 price is 10B - 15B. Doesn't matter if you travel just 1 stop, or the entire route, the price is set at 10B - 15B. For bus 10, the price is a little more, 15B - 20B. Below is a map. It shows each of the routes as a coloured line and the bus stops / pick up points are shown as red dots.

Name:	07.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	22112

If anyone can add to this or post some useful information about public, cheap or free transport around Chiang Mai, i'm sure it will be a very useful topic to many.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments