PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Seeking advice - Blogs - Thailand Forums
View RSS Feed

MDM

Seeking advice

Rate this Entry
Hello to All,

I would like some advice from locals in Thailand or visitors having been there knowing which area/places would most benefit from the following idea of mine:

I would like to send a box of goods (clothing and so on) to an area where this would benefit. Either from reselling for those in poverty or remaking into something else.

I know it sounds crazy, and perhaps it's just so much easier to send money. And how would I ever know that it's been put to good use? But, it's worth a shot.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi MDM, I have seen people living under the main highways with a tarpe for shelter, yet i don't really know where they go to get any assistance. I have seen one second hand shop in Koh Samui Thailand but never anywhere else. I'm going back over in April 12, and a friend of mine is leaving in 3 weeks to return there too. It's a shame you don't know of someone that can take the stuff over for you and just give it to the people on the street. That's who needs it... I wish you well in your search. Now that's a great idea i should open a second hand shop for locals.. Cupcakes10 Qld Australia