PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Online censorship?!
    Thanks

Online censorship?!

I hope someone might be able to help me out on this. I have been blogging for over two years using a Hungarian service called http://freeblog.hu. since yesterday, blogsites themselves have been accessible (though there was a major maintenance and refurbishing of the site I'm told), I can open my page http://fules.freeblog.hu for example, and thank god I can read my friends' blogs as well, but I cannot open the main site itself, from where I could enter my own blog to edit it. instead, the Thai notice of the censorship office downloads and that's it. it is an absolutely harmless site, all in Hungarian, and there are about 5 or 6 Hungarian bloggers writing from and about Thailand in Hungarian. I have no idea what could have happened, and it makes me desperate, to say the least. I have had no intention whatsoever to move my blog, it is a well-known site, and one of the top 200 Hungarian blogs. could this be temporary? just a mistake? a general crackdown on blogs? but we are not in China! is there a way to inquire about it? to fix it??
    any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    Betti, try checking out 2bangkok.com

There was an article there last week about a program you can download that bypasses all the blocking stuff. I downloaded it to see what it was like, and was impressed.

Thanks
    thank you Dan. downloading now. but I would still prefer to know what on earth could have happened, and why. I don't want to lose my site and I don't want to get into trouble for accessing it through a tricky program like this.....

Thanks
    it seems to be working, but it needs a firefox window.... I went to make a coffee while it opened.... (I know, I shouldn't be drinking coffee at 2 am.) otherwise I have a fast connection and no problems opening sites, but this is crazy.... need to wait 2-3 mins to jump to another part of the site.

I'd rather not write all the swear words that come to my mind at the moment.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Betti
    I'd rather not write all the swear words that come to my mind at the moment.
    I don't think I know any Hungarian swear words, so it wouldn't matter.
    ไมค์

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Betti, sorry about your troubles. You might be interested to know that in a few weeks we will be launching our own free blogging service. Much like your one and blogger.com it is free to sign up and you can be blogging in minutes. The blog engine is Word Press. It also has a feature where you can import your blogs from elsewhere.

Thanks
    thank you Richard, that's good news. the trouble is, I want to stay in the community where I belong.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Betti
    I want to stay in the community where I belong.
    Betti, you belong here.
    ไมค์

Thanks
    nice of you to say that. I do belong here in many ways, that's true. but as a Hungarian blogger, I belong there. I have all my friends there - I have lost all off-line friends in the past 4 years of moving back and forth between Hungary, Taiwan and Thailand.

the big mystery is that my two Hungarian friends in Bangkok have no trouble accessing the site, it seems to be just me. one of them is an IT expert and now I can blog through his proxy server at the moment. much faster than the firefox option.... now I'm not furious, I'm just dumbfounded.

Thread Information