PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Please help; that means YOU! :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Please help; that means YOU! :)

Hi, is it worth it to book a tour for the floathing market? or would it be possible for us to do it ourselves? We will be staying near Siam Center. If we book it ourselves, what would be the best way to get to the Damnoen Saduak Floating market.

Also, I found a deal online where it said for $45 USD, it will include transportation to Damnoen Saduak, Nakorn Pathom, lunch buffet at Rose Garden, and traditional Thai performances. Is this a good deal or can we find better in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Personally, If it is your first time to Thailand, do it. First, you get a feel for the country, secondly you get a feel for other aspects of Thailand. I think, once you did the tourist things and are ready to explore the other side you will have that experience behind you.

If you are patient and adventurous you can arrange the trip when you get there. IMO

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    If that tour includes everything then it is a good deal. But, I have a feeling that you would have to pay extra to rent a boat at the floating market (about $10) and also pay for the ticket for the Rose Garden (about $12 I guess). I don't know off-hand the local price for tours like that. If you reply again I will look it up for you tonight. If you book at your hotel then they will come and pick you up.

You can of course do everything yourself. But, if you use public transport it would be very difficult for you to go to both places in the same day. Possible but not easy. Some people rent a taxi for the day but that will cost at least $40.

Thanks
    One word of advice, if you want to buy anything there, keep in mind you can buy it for a lot less in BKK. Just about everything there can be found at JJ or Suan Lum for a LOT less. Even for other places in Thailand you should keep this in mind. I remember a specific incident where my girlfriend went to Ayutthaya and bought me this T-shirt of some temples. We went out that same night and wandered by Pat-pong and found the same exact shirt for 1/3rd the price.

The one thing I found that you cannot find in BKK are those plates they offer you after you get off the canoes with a picture of you.

Thanks
    I been there on the way to Phetchaburi,that O.K.because if you said from BKK.to Damnoen Saduak floating market will take you about 1 1/2 hrs.ride there(Good traffic condition).And you will see about 1/2 km.of shops on both side of the river.And words of caution,most of the items sold there are from BKK.And you are paying 3x the price.I had a bowl of noodle,they charge me 50bt.But Thais pay only 30bt.,so you see the difference.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks
    HI ALL, thank-you so much for your advices and suggestions! They were very helpful and if you got any more, please let me know!

Richard,
    I believe the tour includes that ticket price for the boat and rose garden or at least it seems like it from the discription from their website:

Floating market and Rose Garden

Type : Floating market and Rose Garden - Full Day Tour
    Duration : 8 hours

Description : This full-day tour goes to Thailand's only remaining authentic floating market at Damnoen Saduak to see hundreds of colourful, wooden boats offering tasty local produce. Included is a visit to Nakorn Pathom - site of the tallest chedi in Thailand. An extensive buffet lunch is served at the picturesque Rose Garden followed by a cultural show at the Thai Village. The performance includes a Buddhist ordination procession, an elegant fingernail dance, Thai boxing, hill tribe dances, elephants at work and a traditional Thai wedding ceremony.

They also gave us an option to give the address of where we will be staying at for pick-up services and all for the price of 1742.00 THB! If possible, please let me know what the price is if I book the tour locally!

I guess it's too difficult for us to go to the floating market ourselves then..

Thanks again for all your help. And any more tips or information regarding all the must see place in Bangkok would be great too!

Some of the things we are interested in includes shopping (that's why we wanted to stay near Siam center), tourist things (floating market, grand palace, major temples), Clubing (I think it's call disco there; this I have no idea about so some info would be wonderful..), night market (foods, I love Thai food in america so I can't wait to try the real thing!) Sorry for the long post!

Thanks
    Some of Damnoen Saduak floating market taken recently from me
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks
    Great pictures moppet61! Did you go there by yourself or did you booked a tour?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I know people who have done either floating market or rose garden by themselves by bus. Not sure if they would do both. I just found a tour brochure for you:

Rose garden - $20 group rate and $60 private tour (minimum 2 persons)
    Floating Market - $15 group rate or $50 private tour

If you are not going yet then stay tuned as I will try and get you some more uptodate prices. But, my advice to people is usually book tours here as you can then easily change your mind.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info Richard! If it helps, I'm going to be in Bangkok from June 20th to 24th.

Also, the rates that you gave me are for both people or was it per person. And was the transportations to the loacations included in the figures you gave?

PS: I visited 'enjoythaifoods.com' and gotta tell you I can't wait to sample all the wonderful foods you introduced!

Thread Information