PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My passport runs out soon
    Thanks

panic My passport runs out soon

My passport runs out in january 2007. What do I do? Just goto the British Embassy in BKK? Can I apply and get one in a day? How much is it? And any other info to make it easier for me. I have to go for my 90day report soon as well, June23rd but the school said they could do that for me in the regional office in Prachin. Would it be possible to get a new one before that? Or should I wait? Does having a new passport affect my work permit and non-B visa?. Hope to hear soon thanks

Thanks
    Pretty simple getting a new British passport in Bangkok - no worries! Just a few days.

If you havent the time to pick it up, the embassy can post it to you. You just pay for the Fed Ex.

Just take along your old one and apply for a new one.

The embassy do of course - charge you in British pounds, so in Thai terms it isnt cheap. I think i had to pay 65 quid x 75baht to the pound. The embassy give a real crappo exchange rate!

When issued with a new passport, you'll just have the bother of taking around your old passport too - as it has your Thai visa TM card.

Getting a new passport doesn't affect your Thai visa, work permit etc...

As for 90 day reporting, you can just post it to immigration including a stamped address envelope.

You have less than 6 months left validity on your passport now, so apply for a new one.
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks
    Great thanks guys, I've just checked out the British embassy site Bangkok and downloaded the relevant forms so should be all sorted in a few days

Thread Information