Thanks

asian cinema dvds?

i know this might be a silly question but is it easy to get asian cinema dvd's in thailand? you'd think it would be, but on the other hand i can also imagine that the selection there mainly caters to more western tastes, or might not have english subtitles. anyway original is prefered but fake is cool too. im particularly interested in old school samurai movies and anime (japanimation), but in general i like everything. im gonna be there for three weeks but i dont wanna spend the whole time looking for the right stores so if anyone knows some good spots, please tell me!! thanks in advance http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/imag...lies/blush.gif

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti
    i know this might be a silly question but is it easy to get asian cinema dvd's in thailand? you'd think it would be, but on the other hand i can also imagine that the selection there mainly caters to more western tastes, or might not have english subtitles. anyway original is prefered but fake is cool too. im particularly interested in old school samurai movies and anime (japanimation), but in general i like everything. im gonna be there for three weeks but i dont wanna spend the whole time looking for the right stores so if anyone knows some good spots, please tell me!! thanks in advance http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/imag...lies/blush.gif
    By Asian you mean Japanese? You might want to try Panthip Plaza or Fortune IT mall... saw some Japanese anime there... but not sure if they're in Jap or in Thai language though.....
    For better collections I guess its easier to find in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia... or.... Japan...

Thanks
    yeah thats true. unfortunately i cant change that so im just gonna have to work with what i got anyway yeah i do mean mostly japanese movies, but everythings cool, as long as its good. anyway, know any more places/stores? anyone else?

Thanks

dvd's/ rip off dvd's

it city right in downtown bangkok is a whole mall of electronics including many people who sell dvd's. im not sure about anime/japanese dvds but you could check them out. we bought some "blackmarket" american dvd's and the quality is ok but at least they work. they got alot of new releases too. for less than 3 US dollars i don't mind. my brother bought some playstation games there and we looked at the bottom of the discs and theyre all scratched. they don't even work on the playstation and im pretty mad about that! try to buy dvd's from someone who has a tv/dvd player set up so you can test the dvd's you buy to see if they work. if youre buying brand new originals though then that won't be a problem.

Thanks
    May I recommend this one shop,Boomerang Shop. http://www.boomerangshop.com/boomweb/default.aspx

This shop have many branches in Bangkok, the one branch is at MBK ,4th floor, let check about another branches at here: http://www.boomerangshop.com/boomweb/stores/store.aspx

Enjoy and good luck kha.
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

Re: asian cinema dvds?

Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post

r u "the yeti" farang kick boxer that i saw in one of the websites???

Thanks

nope

Thanks

I am also a big fan of asian cinema...
    you can find some films in normal DVD shops there (in department stores), but most movies will be Korean romantic comedies. You can also find some great thai movies there, which you should try (but some are really bad as well). For asian and japanese fake DVDs, you will find a street shop on Silom rd, near soi Convent (BTS Saladaeng), where they sell every asian movie i ever looked for, all with english subtitles and DVD quality video.

Thanks

cool ill definetly check it out this summer, you wouldnt happen to have more details such as a name or something more specific?

Thanks

well, it is a street vendor. you will find it on the right side of silom Rd (look at lumpini park), just next to the stairs of Saladaeng Station, near a Kodak Photo shop. it will be there at evening (around 8pm i think), but its not always there, or might as well have closed. i would suggest you to check often if you dont see it at first.

Thread Information