PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Dead pets

Thread: Dead pets

Thanks

sad Dead pets

Last night 3 dogs attacked and killed one of our two cats. We heard a commotion outside at about 1am and I went to investigate I found Siisom's body lying lifeless in the park next door.
    I prevented Mrs. Jerome form seeing the body and in fact she doesn't know that he is dead yet. In the morning I woke up early and disposed of the body- here in Japan you are supposed to throw dead cats out with the normal burnable garbage, wrapped up properly of course.

So now I have two dilemmas. The first one is do I tell me wife about the demise of her cat or just act like I don't know anything and watch her wait for him to come home for a few days and hopefully she'll accept that he is gone, although not really knowing what happened to him?

If I do tell her (and this is where it relates to Thailand), are there any special Thai beliefs or procedures or anything like that regarding what to do after a family pet dies that I should know about? I mean I dont want to make things worse than they already are.

What should I do?
    Last edited by Jerome; 23-06-06 at 12:20 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome
    Last night 3 dogs attacked and killed one of our two cats. We heard a commotion outside at about 1am and I went to investigate I found Siisom's body lying lifeless in the park next door.
    I prevented Mrs. Jerome form seeing the body and in fact she doesn't know that he is dead yet. In the morning I woke up early and disposed of the body- here in Japan you are supposed to throw dead cats out with the normal burnable garbage, wrapped up properly of course.

So now I have two dilemmas. The first one is do I tell me wife about the demise of her cat or just act like I don't know anything and watch her wait for him to come home for a few days and hopefully she'll acceot that he is gone, although not really knowing what happened to him?

If I do tell her (and this is where it relates to Thailand), are there any special Thai beliefs or procedures or anything like that regarding what to do after a family pet dies that I should know about? I mean I dont want to make things worse than they already are.

What should I do?
    Surely it's better for her to know what happened. I can't imagine Thais differing from farang on this.

If you know whose dogs did it, let them know too.

Thanks
    Jerome, sorry to hear about you losing a pet.
    But as far as I can see here with all the dead dogs and cats out on the streets and roadways and the smells of dead animals rotting away in the grass on the roadsides, I would have to say that most just drag them out of the road and let em lay.And they must haul em away from the houses as know a few neighbors have had pets poisoned or hit or died in yards from other reasons and I never see anyone broke up about it.
    But that is upcountry and I have no idea what city folks do..

Thanks
    If its house pets, I think they dug a hole and bury them.........

Thanks
    Reminds me of a similar situation to my next door neighbor 2 years ago. My next door neighbor who was about 91 years old, had a pet cat, and the cat was sleeping on the porch. Well in Sydney you not allowed to have a dog on the street with out a lease, well my other neighbor across the road used to let his German Shepherd out for a run 5.30 am every morning, well this dog saw this cat sleeping on the porch and attack the cat and killed it. The 91 year old neighbor got told about her cat, became sick, went to hospital and died about a week latter. People say she died of shock and a broken heart. Well I reported the neighbor who owned the dog, to the police and he was charged and find for having a dog out on the street with out a lease, he also had his dog categorized as a dangerous dog, and now has to have a muzzle on it's mouth every time he takes it for a walk, well you know what, he ignored the court order for the muzzle and started walking the dog with out it, so I photographed him walking the dog with out the muzzle and he was charged.

Thanks
    Bucky is right about digging the hole,,thats also what is done here if it was a cat, but I still do not know what you should do about telling your wife, if it was me, I would tell her so she has a closure on it.

Thread Information