Thanks

Where to buy Nikon camera stuff in BKK?

I'm looking to buy accessories for a Nikon D70. (battery, lens etc.) Where is a good place in Bangkok for this? Can anyone say what prices are like compared to western Europe?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts
    Prices are much the same as Western Europe due to Import Tax -you may be able to haggle on a large order, but the price will not drop very much. You may also be at a disadvantage as any guarantee may be good for Thailand only.
    Your best bet for a good price is a reputable company on the internet. Don't know which country you are from, but check out good photo sites like Digital Cameras USA or DC Views UK for some links to reputable companies if you do not know any already.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    There are a couple of good professional camera shops in MBK (next to National Stadium Sky Train station). If I remember right, they are on the ground floor. There is also another camera shop on 3rd or 4th floor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    There are a couple of good professional camera shops in MBK (next to National Stadium Sky Train station). If I remember right, they are on the ground floor. There is also another camera shop on 3rd or 4th floor.
    You rememer correctly Richard, as you enter from the station, follow the left hand wall around until you find the camera shop.

I priced out the latest digital cameras there and found that you can get them much cheaper here in the US from the various discount electronic/camera stores. Just do a search online for the particular camera you re interested in.

Even genuine accessories are not much cheaper. A canon battery and storage card I purchased at one of the shops in MBK priced out to about the same price as here.

Thread Information