PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
What do expats miss the most? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: ExPats; Whats are some off the things you must have, but not availible in Thailand?

I have a supplier that will sell you any good cut of meat anything from KOBI beef down thru the list to Fresh [not aged] grass fed NZ beef and lamb.
    Fish from the world over, plus italian and mexican foods for your kitchen, my freezer is always stocked.
    If you know where to shop and buy, you will find suitable items even upcountry.

Thanks

Re: ExPats; Whats are some off the things you must have, but not availible in Thailand?

FIP, letting out that kind of secret about KOBI beef and things will cause a variety of expats to come a knockin at your door.

Thanks

No I don't think so, I have none of it and I prefer USDA choice or Prime Ribeye to KOBI, Plus the 3000 baht a kilo just don't do it for me, but just wanted to show that you can get anything you want, just about, if you are willing to pay for it.

KOBI BEEF is now grown mostly on ranches that the japanese bought from American ranchers that were losing and now work for said Japanese and raise the beef in Washington and Montana.

Thanks

Thought kobi beef has the same amount of fat as other choice brands but is 30% less saturated. And, made in washington state?? I wonder where?

Thanks

Don't know but have heard of it somewhere, but it is raised there now, here from wilkopedia.
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Kobe beef is beef from a black-haired breed of cattle called Wagyu which translates as "Japanese cattle". It is renowned for its flavor, tenderness, and fatty well-marbled texture. These qualities are a result of their excellent genetic characterisics and the way that they are raised. Cows of the same breed are raised this way in Japan, Idaho, Texas, California, Virginia, and Australia, but can only be called Kobe beef if slaughtered in Kobe, Japan.

Because true Kobe beef is not exported from Japan, "Kobe style" beef is produced from a crossbreed of Wagyu and American Angus cattle raised and slaughtered in the U.S. Of these cattle, the highest quality cows are sent to Japan, who still owns the rights to the cattle, and the U.S. keeps what is left.

Kobe beef can be prepared as steak, sukiyaki, shabu shabu, sashimi, teppanyaki, and more.

Wagyu Kobe Grain Fed 350 day Beef
    Kobe Wagyu Beef Striploin MS 3/5 Grade 5-6 Kg./Pc 16-18 Kg. N/A Kg. By Weight
    Kobe Wagyu Beef Tenderloin MS 3/5 Grade 1.8-2.5 Kg./Pc 13-23 Kg. N/A Kg. By Weight
    Kobe Wagyu Beef Rib Eye MS 3/5 Grade 2.8-3.5 Kg./Pc 14-15 Kg. 2,400.00 Kg. By Weight
    Kobe Wagyu Beef Tenderloin MS 8 up 1.8-2.5 Kg./Pc 13-23 Kg. N/A Kg. By Weight
    Kobe Wagyu Beef Striploin MS 8 Grade 4,000.00 Kg. By Weight
    Kobe Wagyu Beef Rib Eye MS 8 Grade 4,000.00 Kg. By Weight

From my supplier and as you can see, some at 4000 a KG.

Thanks

Can anybody out there tell me where I can get a jar of marmite(yeast spread)?

Thanks

Re: ExPats; Whats are some off the things you must have, but not availible in Thailan

Quote Originally Posted by sonny_down
    Can anybody out there tell me where I can get a jar of marmite(yeast spread)?
    Villa Markets -- grocery stores in Bangkok.
    Big supply of Marmite there.

Thanks

Where can I get marmite(yeast extracts)?

Thanks

Re: ExPats; Whats are some off the things you must have, but not availible in Thailan

Quote Originally Posted by sonny_down
    Where can I get marmite(yeast extracts)?
    First of all, see the post before you, Peter4 already told you that you can get them from Villa Market i.e. at these branches ...
    • Sukhumvit Road between sois 33 and 33/1
    • Sukhumvit soi 49, approximately 1 km down the soi
    • Sukhumvit soi 2, corner, in basement of plaza
    Also from Marmite Forum they said that you can get them at Tops Supermarkets, especially the one in Sukhumvit soi19 and Central Chidlom.
    TK

Thanks

What is marmite?? sounds like it might be a brain booster food.

Thread Information