PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Town house rental in Bangkok
    Thanks

Town house rental in Bangkok

After 20 years of struggling life. Came across succeed and loose on work which made me so tired. I am planning to move to Bangkok in Sept this year for one year or so then move to Phuket after hopefully for a new life. I am now looking for a town house for 2 persons and most important 3 dogs. As I understand that pets are not allowed for apartments which makes it more difficult for me. Although they are old, all 13 years old but I would never leave without them. I have been searching on the net for house rental but they are too expensive for me. My budget only allows me to have something below Baht$15,000. Cheaper would be greater! . I don't know much the area around Bangkok except the popular shopping areas. So the living area with near by access to MRT or BTS would be nice but I know it would probaly over my budget. Any suggestion on house rental please?
    Besides that, do I have to pay a high tax on used home appliances shipping to Thailand?

Thank you very much from Hong Kong.

Thanks
    Well Bangkok is very built up, so a house is much more expensive than an apartment. My suggestion is to look for a town house or even a full house at least 30 kilometers south of Bangkok near or just a little further than Paknam Samut Prakan, this area is less congested than Bangkok, so it is cheaper, has a nice market, with less air pollution, is near the mouth of the river and the sea. This Thai forums web site, also originates from here and has it's own web site on the area I have shown below.
    http://www.paknam.com

Thanks
    Do you really know that area Paul, thats all you ever talk about, well that and your Thai girl friend of 10 years ago.

so I don't know wheather to believe you or are you just doing it to Brown Nose Richard cause he lives there???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch
    Do you really know that area Paul, thats all you ever talk about, well that and your Thai girl friend of 10 years ago.
    Well my former Thai girlfriend lives in Samrong, which is still a bit built up, and that was 4 years ago, when I was living with her in Samrong Samut Prakan, but I happen to prefer the area at least 5 kilometers further south between Paknam Markets and the Ancient City, as it is less congested with larger blocks of land with less air pollution, more suited for a dog and still close enough to commute on a bus in to the centre of Bangkok.

Thanks

talking It's possible...

I've lived in town houses for the past 4 years. The first one was 8000 baht per month. It was about a 10minute walk to BTS.

You may have a difficult time finding an affordable townhouse on the internet.
    Suggestion: Come to BKK before you move here and stay at least a month. Stay in a cheap hotel. Find yourself a Thai friend. Familiarize yourself with BTS and MRT. Walk around the side streets in BKK. Look in areas like Ari, Saphan Kwai, On Nut, Phra Khanong, Lad Phrao. These areas have BTS and MRT stations, but are a little farther away from the central shopping districts, hence cheaper. Look for townhouses or shophouses that appear to be vacant. Many will have signs on the front gate with a telephone number. Have your Thai friend call the number and get the information about the place.

Don't bring your major applicances unless you must. You probably would have to pay tax, either official or "unofficial". Instead, buy them here in BKK. Applicances are not too expensive. For example, you can get a name-brand fridge for 6000 baht. TVs, clothes washers, stoves, etc. are cheap. Appliances not commonly used here, such as clothes dryers, are expensive, but you probably don't need one. You'll probably need a water pump and maybe a water tank.

You should be able to find a decent townhouse for around 12,000 baht per month that is within 10 walk (2 minute by motorcycle taxi) to BTS or MTR. Your dogs will have PLENTY of company. Cheers!

Thanks
    Hi Aurora,

Thank you very much for the detail information and suggestions. So informative. I found a townhouse on the net near On Nut Station on Sukhumvit Road. The owner doesn't speak much English but mentioned it's 2 storeies and size is 16 sq.w. No idea how big it is at all. Monthly rent is Baht 13000. Do you think it's reasonable price? By the way, hope the landlord will accept my dogs.

Have a nice weekend.

Thread Information