PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
OK, for the Brits,
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks

OK, for the Brits,

What is or are GAMMONs or GAMMON, it is listed in the new meat pricelist I got today and along with gammons is a lot of Brit sausages, I wanted some american breakfast sausage and some ham [real pigs ass ham] but I have no idea on what gammon is or what brit sausage links are, I know that Brits think that beans are for breakfast so they do have some weird tastes.555

so if anyone knows I would sure like to hear about it, and if you need this list, let me know where to send it and I would gladly do that, and I think that the brit sausage and stuff is on pg.17

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts
    Thick pork steaks -great grilled and served with tinned pineapple !

http://www.britishbacon.com/gammon.htm

Thanks
    But is it cured pork or fresh pork ansd if fresh why not call it pork steak
    It is in with the ham,bacon and sausage

Thanks
    It is cured like bacon - see the link above
    Why is it called gammon and not pork steak? -see the link above, again, -the word gammon is from French.
    Here is a good recipe -though you do not have to go to so much trouble -just grill it well and put a slice of tinned pineapple on top and serve with french fries or mashed potatoes.

http://www.thepigsite.com/recipes/index.php?display=146

Thanks
    i think it is like what you call canadian bacon, as khun don says very tasty with pineapple. i like it with mashed potatoes and peas. the sausages are not like american breakfast links, they are much tastier and come in different flavours my favourite are cumberland. beans for breakfast? oh yes, with egg, bacon,sausage,tomatoes,mushrooms. (all fried except the beans) and a big mug of tea. thats a traditional English breakfast sadly disappearing now as people say it is not so healthy. (eat yoghurt and muesli instead). ugh.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts
    with egg, bacon,sausage,tomatoes,mushrooms. (all fried except the beans) and a big mug of tea
    My god how can you miss out black pudding and buttered toast

Thanks
    i knew i had forgotten something, but for me fried slice instead of toast.

Thanks
    Thanks Dudes, Peter G sent me a mail, it is like southern country ham in the usa, groovy with grits and red eye gravy. some biskits and jam and a couple of easy over eggs and hot black coffee. I gonna order me some of that stuff, but I be damned if I gonna eat what you brits call baked beans for Bfast, ain't eating no beans for breakfast since I left the seagoin service where we had em for bfast on friday mornins.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch
    Thanks Dudes, Peter G sent me a mail, it is like southern country ham in the usa, groovy with grits and red eye gravy. some biskits and jam and a couple of easy over eggs and hot black coffee. I gonna order me some of that stuff, but I be damned if I gonna eat what you brits call baked beans for Bfast, ain't eating no beans for breakfast since I left the seagoin service where we had em for bfast on friday mornins.
    Go for it, FIP, - and enjoy -let us know what you think.

Thanks
    Sure will, and thanks for the info,, there is a lot about the english language that I do not understand, that or regional terminology is so different..

Thread Information