PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Visiting Chiang Mai for a week. Need help
    Thanks

Visiting Chiang Mai for a week. Need help

Hey Guys,
    Me and my wife are planning to visit Thailand for a week end of this year (mostly november end.) I think Chiang Mai is where we want to spend most of my stay. We don't mind visiting the near by interesting cities. I'm more interested in the scenery rather than the cities. We definitely want to include a 1-2day hike, elephant rides etc. May be rent a jeep and go off road aswell. Please suggest me a nice 3 star + hotel in Chiang Mai preferably away from the downtown. Also recommend us some tour operators. Dont' want to go on a tour with 20 people. Looking for some one who can arrange smaller groups(4-6people) if not just us. Also suggest places to visit pls.

Chak.

Thanks
    when I lived up there i had a neighbor that ran a small trips guide service, hiking and river rafting, but I do not know how to contact him, but with you being from socal you surely know what off roading is, I lived on Baja and out in Nevada as well as other desert/mountain areas, You hear a lot of "OFFROAD' over here where they have a love for 4WD with big OFFROAD stuff written on em,,but how the hell ya gonna offroad ina jungle, there might be a road thru the jungle and you will have to stay on that road,

They buy a BIG as they can get 4X4, put on offset big wheels and tires, put a lot of CAMEL and any other decals and stickers on em, snorkel pipes and roof racks, now where the hell they gonna use em except when the soi in front of their house floods during monsoon.

I stay at a nice hotel on the super hyway as you come into CM from the south, it is on your right almost next door to MAKRO , before you get to Carrefour,,HYWAY HOTEL about 400 baht a night,nice dining room, easy to get transport to the rest of town, I will be going up there in the mid of August and I will try to get out to San Sai and see that tour operator and get his contact info and will send it to you. and he does speak english.

Thread Information