PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Rard Nah - Noodles in gravy
    Thanks

Rard Nah - Noodles in gravy

I have been asked for the recipe of Rard Nah, and would like to share in the forums. Also, you can check with Richards cooking video Noodles in gravy http://www.enjoythaifood.com/videos/index.php

Here is my recipe for the request: a tofu and broccoli Rard Nah.

Ingredients;
    1-2 cups Large strip rice noodle (fresh noodle), some prefer deep fried egg noodle
    1 cup Sliced tofu (stir fried) or any meat: pork (thinly sliced), seafood or fresh water fish (fried)
    1 cup Broccoli/Carrot
    2-3 tablespoons - Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil
    1 tablespoon Chopped garlic (Option)
    2-3 cups of water/chicken broth
    1 tablespoon Yellow bean sauce
    1 tablespoon White sugar
    1-2 tablespoons Mushroom soy sauce/fish sauce
    1-2 tablespoons Dark soy sauce
    2-3 tablespoons Tapioca/corn flour
    1 teaspoon - Ground white pepper

Rice noodles:
    Break the clumped rice noodles into single strip, stir in the heated vegetable oil, add dark soy sauce, keep stirring until the noodle is soft (3-4 minutes), more time if crunchy rice noodle is your favorite.

Gravy sauce:
    Saute chopped garlic in the heated oil, add sliced tofu or any meat, stir until it is getting cook. Add yellow bean sauce, keep stirring, add water or chicken broth, then broccoli or vegetables you like, seasoning with mushroom soy sauce and white sugar, then mix well. Dissolve tapioca/corn flour with fresh water, while pouring flour water on the cooking ingredients, stir quickly to keep away from becoming chunk gravy. If the gravy sauce is too thick, add more water, then turn off the heat. Time to taste, add more soy sauce or fish sauce and sugar as much as you like.

Pour the gravy sauce on top of cooked noodles, sprinkle with ground white pepper. This dish must serve hot.

For better flavor depends upon personal taste, you can add ground chilli pepper or/and green chilli in white vinegar.

Thanks
    Thanks, that sounds good, so I printed it and will try it.

I kinda like Lat Nah and this sounds a little better..

Thanks
    Yellow bean sauce and mushroom soy,I wonder what they taste like? I will now have to look around and see if I can find some.

Thanks
    Photos of yellow bean sauce and mushroom soy sauce.

Yellow bean sauce /or soy bean paste /or dtow jiow, I prefer UFC brand:
    http://www.ufc.co.th/f_prod.htm
    http://importfood.com/sakh2103.html

Mushroom soy sauce: http://importfood.com/sayw2405.html

Thanks
    Mel ,thank you. I have seen that brand here at some stores in Hawaii. Now I wil have to look closer and try some.

Thanks
    Thanks for this recipe! It uses quite basic ingredients that are easy to find and cheap even if you're not in thailand, so that suits me! I didn't have any yellow bean sauce so I made it without, but it was still good. I might suggest marinading the tofu in fish sauce/soy sauce first? Thanks again Mel!

Thread Information