PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Jobs in Thailand easy to find?
    Thanks

panic Jobs in Thailand easy to find?

I was just wondering, if I would be able to get a job back there. I was born in uttaradit to a thai mother and a scottish father until I was four and was cruelly robbed and placed in the freezing UK. Last month I went back to visit family all over the place. I'd been missing everyone for a while, but going back has just made me miss them more. I don't really talk to my dad's side of the family (and my mum wants to move to thailand too), and would rather go back and live near people who do like me lol. However just one thing, a job! I'm currently studying a degree in computing at a scottish university, but once that is over, I intend on living in Thailand. Is there preferential treatment to thai degrees over foreign ones, and what job could I get basically? I can speak thai alright, it's not that great yet, but I'm still learning, and I can sort of read and write thai too, and I study it everyday and also my mum has started to speak to me in thai more. For people with degrees, are jobs okay paid? I'm not asking for the moon, but well, enough for rent and air con! I just really want to live near my family again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ploy
    I'm currently studying a degree in computing at a scottish university .... Is there preferential treatment to thai degrees over foreign ones, and what job could I get

IMO with your CV, you should have no problem getting a job in Thailand though may have to be in bigger city.

There is definitely preferential according to where you do the degree, but Foreign over Thai one (mostly US and UK, but not limited to) -that's why I am here in the first place ... studying.

I am sorry I don't know what kind of job exactly since it is not my field, I guess it is same kind of job that you'd like to do even you are going to work in uk.

It will really help if you get fluent in Thai because other qualification should be your positive qualities already (UK degree & fluent English), if your Thai is not good enough may be you have to work in foreign company.

I don't know how much money you would get but in my experience (from my friends, most of them at least bachelor degree from Thailand top Univ) if you start working for private company, it should be about 20,000 Baht a month minimum, banking sector may give you less like 10,000 - 12,000 Baht to start with, government sector would be only 7000 Baht approx.
    Last edited by TK; 04-08-06 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks
    One important consideration is citizenship. If you have dual citizenship, it should not be a problem. If, however, you are not a Thai citizen, you may require a work visa.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks
    Thanks Visionchaser for reminding about citizenship. I just assume that she has Thai citizen since Ploy has Thai mom, hopefully her mom still is Thai citizen so if she haven't done so, she should be able to get Thai ID card and that will be easier when applying for a job in Thailand because usually along with the application form, they will ask for photos, ID card (copy of), education certificate/transcript (the one that show your GPA and grade you received in each subject to show how well you did at you degree so once you graduate, you should ask for many copies of these documents from your University to take it back to Thailand with you).

Thread Information