PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
How Much is Enough Retirement Fund in Thailand? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

panic

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au
    I never said this is a risk free investment, but I just gave an example of a conservative investment, for some one who worries about the stock market fluctuations, to diversify some of there money into the bond market. This 3% is after tax, and may be considered approximately 4% before tax and is only how much I recommend you give your self out of an investment, not how much the investment earns.
    I'm also recommend you reinvest any proportion of your returns over this amount, so as to allow your investment to grow, to counteract the affects of inflation, as you may be retired for 50 years. It is better to be conservative, in your investment income, if you want it to last for many years, of course if you are only planning to live 10 years, you may want to spend 15% of your investment every year.
    P.S. If I know nothing, I would never have become a self funded retiree.
    Do you know what you are talking about? At the end of the day, what are you trying to say? It doesn't make any sense.

Thanks
    He has never made a post that really makes sense

Thanks
    as for internet, many apartments targeted at foreigners both in Chiang Mai and Bangkok come with an internet line, so you don't have to get a phone line, etc., arrange it all by yourself. I'm told it takes about two months otherwise. I pay 500 a month for a 1M cable connection (no idea what company) - it's ok for msn and other basic communication and internet use, quite reliable as well. upload speeds can be painfully slow sometimes, but msn always works.

Thanks

panic

Hi Betti,

You are right. In fact, one of them which I mentioned here is offering wireless connection and the room rate (studio) is only 12,000/m, exclusive of the utilities and internet services. It's not a bad bargain, considering that we are buying not only the services of the serviced apartment, but also the convenience of Chiang Mai, which has direct air links to Bangkok and Singapore, two international cities. Bangkok as we all know is getting dirtier, more expensive and even more dangerous. Chiang Mai and the other provinces, on the other hand, have not only the same Thai hospitality, optimissim and care-free attitude, but also less of these cons.

BTW, as FaranginP has mentioned, internet services are not always reliable. So, probably, having access to internet may not mean having constant, high-speed access.
    Last edited by I_Love_Thailand; 12-08-06 at 03:19 AM.

Thanks

panic Atriax---the Phantom of Paul_au

Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch
    He has never made a post that really makes sense
    I guess we should ignore him. The Phantom of paul_au is getting even with me by cursing me now. Isn't there a moderator here to keep things under control?

Thanks
    You will find that CM is fast becoming another BKK what with over crowding, to many cars for the streets, modern construction doing away with the old and in with the new, very heavy air pollution, annual flooding due to topographic land changes and water control measures.
    And 12,000 a month is sure no real deal as far as I can see.
    But to each his own.

Thanks
    You will find that CM is fast becoming another BKK what with over crowding, to many cars for the streets, modern construction doing away with the old and in with the new, very heavy air pollution, annual flooding due to topographic land changes and water control measures.
    But to each his own.
    Oh, regarding pollution. Do you guys do anything to raise the standard of hygiene by using a HEPA air filter and a water filter? I will certainly get both since they are quite affordable. There is a new alternative to HEPA air filter that uses water to filter, and it is common in Thailand.

Thanks
    you look funny walking down the street with one of them things strapped on your head..555

Easier to just move, but no place is pollution and contaminate free in Thailand

Thanks

talking

But to each his own.
    I heard about this also. I have a friend who is studying in Payap University in CM, and he's complaining that he can't sleep soundly because of the ongoing construction in his neighbourhood.

May I know why you chose Phetchabun ? Is there advantage such as lower crime rate, living cost, pollution (including sound pollution), etc? How convenient is it for you to go to BKK?

Thanks
    May I know why you chose Phetchabun ? Is there advantage such as lower crime rate, living cost, pollution (including sound pollution), etc? How convenient is it for you to go to BKK?
    OK, catch a BLUE VIP bus for 250 baht and I be there in 4 or 5 hours, that is if I was out of my mind and wanted to go to BKK.

As far as noise pollution, you will find no place in Thailand since the invention of the electronic sound makers such as sensitizers, loud speakers for home and auto, and large speakers and hi watt systems that can blow out windows at a mile distance that does not have 24 hour noise pollution.

Cost of living here is fine, but My bride to be owned a home,land and had a job here and wanted me to move here close to her family.

Lots less air pollution because of open spaces, mountains and less autos and people, but since Thai will burn anything they can get to light, there is always smoke in the air, especially in the evenings when they like to burn because of heavy air and it holds the smoke at ground level. lots of asthma and lung disease in the population and they can't figure it out..

And our crime rate is nil as far as I know, never hear of anything illegal going on, but since we also have Thai policemen, there is never any arrests of any kind and no crimes solved, Fact is, there are never even any traffic misdemeanors or citations issued, that is if they even happened.

Thread Information