PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Rambo IV in Thailand
    Thanks

Rambo IV in Thailand

The Nation, 9th August 2006

Sylvester Stallone is reprising his role “Rambo IV” by the same hero and shooting is scheduled to start in Thailand this October.

This time the monosyllabic ex-Green Beret who last seen in 1988 is living in Bangkok and salvaging old PT boats and tanks for scrap metal. When a group of volunteers bringing supplies into Burma disappears, a relative of one of the missing missionaries begs Rambo to find them. He heads off with a team of young guns.

Stallone is the actor-director-writer and producer and apparently has yet to find a distributor.

In search of a new plot, Stallone looked through the Middle East, Africa, and North Korea. He finally hit on a solution when he called Soldier of Fortune magazine and asked: “What is the most critical man-doing-inhumanity-to-man situation right now in the world? Where is it?” The answer was Burma.
    The film also includes James Brolin and Kim Dickens.

Thanks

Hollywood & Burma

Well done to Mr Sly for thinking of plotting the movie in Burma - would make one heck of a change.

I read not so long ago that Hollywood were planning on changing the baddie plots in a lot of their movies as the world outside of America had become tired of the same old Russian/Soviet/Arab/Muslim terrorists etc......

How about casting a few baddie Burmese generals, couple of corrupt Thai politicians (doing business with the Generals), a couple of really nasty Japanese and Chinese businessmen (doing some underground oil-link slave-labour business with the Generals) and of course a couple of the world's most wanted Drug Barons (out playing golf with the Generals).

In comes Mr Sly, takes out the Generals, releases Aung San Suu Chi and all the illegal slave-labourers, bomb the mansions of the drug dealers in Rangoon and there you have it....what a great movie!

I can only imagine that the movie would be banned here.....don't want to go upsetting anyone like!
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks
    A geriatric Rambo!

Wot will they think of next

Thanks
    Isn't Sly a bit to old to be playing those types of roles now, he just turned 60 in July.

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks
    Just wish I was in HALF the shape he is in!
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks
    but none of the Wrinkles

Thanks
    I body-double'd for Sly in Rambo III.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ong Bak
    I body-double'd for Sly in Rambo III.
    The left bun

Thread Information