Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

excess baggage help

Hello everyone,
    I would like to know if anyone knows how strict Thai Airlines is with excess luggage. They say they only allow 20kg on my return trip. I am already packed and have weighed my suitcase and it already weights 12kg and i have only the bare essentials in it.That only leaves 8kg for shopping!!!
    Thank You
    Excited Aussie ( Only 3 days till I go)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts
    I would give them a call.
    20 kilos sounds a bit light.

Thanks
    20KG, or 44lbs is the allowance for Thai Airways Economy Passengers

http://www.thaiairways.com/Travel_De...%20to%20check?

Thanks

thanks

Thanks for answering.
    I will have to be careful as that is not much luggage allowance. Thanks again
    Cheers
    aussie

Thanks
    It should be ample. Don't forget, you are heading for a tropical country and lightweight clothes is the order of the day. Laundry is cheap so you don't need to take much of anything. If you have a need when you get there which you didn't anticipate, buy, plenty of cheap clothing around unless you are a giant.

Thanks
    With most airlines it's possible to pay for your overweight luggage... but usually it's very expensive. You could also send some things home by mail, but depending on the weight this might get expensive, too.

When I came back from Thailand I had way too much luggage. I had to unpack all my things and throw some away so that they would let me in (because I didn't want to pay). But I remember that they told me if I had been there earlier to check in, they might have let me check in all of my luggage!

Take as much as you can as hand luggage, I think the limit is 10kg, which makes a total of 30kg!

And yes, don't take too many things from home, you'll regret it!
    life is wonderful!

Thanks
    ...or you could change your ticket to a higher class if you really want to take home more things:
    "The luggage allowance for Royal First Class is 40 kg. (88 lbs.); for Royal Executive Class passengers: 30 kg. (66 lbs.); and for Economy Class passengers: 20 kg. (44 lb.)." (from the link Peterg gave)

You'd have to check the prices though, I'm not sure if it pays off.
    life is wonderful!

Thanks
    When I used to come here as a tourist and this time when I moved here, I brought 2 changes of cloths, pants and T shirts and socks, left my coat in the airport at Portland Oregon as it was january and cold there.

And maybe I brought to many this time too, as cloths are cheap here so why haul em around.

Thanks
    Do what I do when I have to much to bring back. When boarding the plane, wear 5 of your shirts at once 2 jackets, 3 pairs of jeans at the same time, all my hats on my head, 3 pairs of socks, 2 watches on each wrist, you see they don't charge for excess clothing and accessories when you wear them on you person.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Thai Airways must not hold you to it.
    I've flown Thai economy (LAX-BKK) a few times and have always had 2 checked pieces that had to be near 30 kilos each, both ways.

I once heard that Thai Airways had one luggage limit for Thais and a different luggage limit for foreigners.

Thread Information