Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    They are honest and work long hours for very small pay. I have good insight into this as I'm close to the largest Thai community outside of Thailand and my closest friends work in the business of bringing them here.
    So thats the reason for your many trips to Thailand, picking Gris for the mill.

But if you tell me that no Thai girls want to come here I'd have to disagree because I see it everyday as I'm privy to seeing first hand Thai people coming here and staying here. I have friends that make their livelihood bringing them here and they work all day long because there is so much business.
    No One that I have seen posting here said that "NO One" wants to come there, we have admitted that there are those that do.
    And seems like you are still of the class that there seems to be a lot of in your native country, still snatching the wrist watches off of taxi drivers arms and wallets from the un suspecting folks down on Tu do Street.

Soon the INS will be putting you and your associates out of business and maybe in jail what with the increased enforcement of immigration laws in your host country.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch
    So as far as I am concerned, I will let you ramble on with what ever you wish and you will receive no more comments from me
    Whatever FaranginPhetch! You show that being old doesn't necessarily make you smart because you're getting all wound up over someone disagreeing with you and correcting how you misconstrued a statement. Sorry you have to feel so self-righteous and all knowing -- and maybe that's why you're a social reject preying on the villagers trying to buy cheap love. You must have had a hard time picking up at Nana with the rest of your cronies. We're all trembling here in your wake Mr. Farang. It's not too late to grow up...

Thanks

My My My

Thanks
    All I know is Thaitown USA is a hole. We live at Hollywood and Western and it's not all that impressive. We will be moving as soon as our lease is up. However, it is about as dirty as Bangkok, so maybe city dwellers feel at home here??? The only thing good about this place is access to Thai grocery markets and the Metrorail red line.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterg
    Every comment is anecdotal, and is based upon very limited data. Therefore it's all bu*****t. So there
    Hmm, didn't I basically say that?

But I wouldn't go so far as to dismiss it all as bu*****t. Clearly the various posters on this thread have different anecdotes, but I think they are all quite valuable in helping us get a better understanding of the places/situations that we are in, or might want to be in. Better than just being stuck with our own anecdotes...

Just try to keep calm while sharing the information. OK?
    ไมค์

Thanks
    My Thai gf kept saying she's bored with Thailand... she wants to leave Thailand and stay in another country... this normally happens when she's driving in bad traffic or upset in work....
    Then she went Spain recently and told me she started missing Thailand the moment she stepped out of the plane.....

I do believe many will long for the opportunity to experience staying abroad. However, home is still home no matter what and most will wish to return home after sometimes especially for Asian with strong family values.... I'll like to say especially Thai but I might get flamed for generalising.

Thanks

Damn, thats to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by visionchaser45
    All I know is Thaitown USA is a hole. We live at Hollywood and Western and it's not all that impressive. We will be moving as soon as our lease is up. However, it is about as dirty as Bangkok, so maybe city dwellers feel at home here??? The only thing good about this place is access to Thai grocery markets and the Metrorail red line.
    I know how happy you were to be moving there, and now you will be moving again, but with the freeway system there maybe you can find a nice place in a quiet area that you will enjoy and not be many hours a day on the roadways to get to work and back.

I had a nice home in a nice area of Van Nuys when we were building the north end of the 405, but when we worked on the south end down by Long Beach it was hours a day fighting traffic.

Where is your work place located??

I am truly sorry to hear about your situation.
    But I am also sorry for anyone that has to live in a large city, but just think about how long you have to continue to work before you can retire to the LOS,,maybe make it easier to put up with, I know thats what Sunee does when she has to work 7 day weeks with only 2 more years to go.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenz66
    Hmm, didn't I basically say that?

But I wouldn't go so far as to dismiss it all as bu*****t. Clearly the various posters on this thread have different anecdotes, but I think they are all quite valuable in helping us get a better understanding of the places/situations that we are in, or might want to be in. Better than just being stuck with our own anecdotes...

Just try to keep calm while sharing the information. OK?
    Perfectly calm Mike, in fact it makes me laugh to see everybody getting bent out of shape over something that's anectdotal at best. A bit like an epic western, broad sweeping statements, a range war in progress, some spicy se**al inuendo, and the authorities looking over the shoulder.

One thing though, it is the actions of the people that badfish describes that makes it so difficult for the rest of us who have to navigate the tortuous path that the government lays down for us when legalising our spouses stay here in the US. Go after em USCIS!
    Last edited by Peterg; 18-08-06 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks
    They are honest and work long hours for very small pay. I have good insight into this as I'm close to the largest Thai community outside of Thailand and my closest friends work in the business of bringing them here
    But if you tell me that no Thai girls want to come here I'd have to disagree because I see it everyday as I'm privy to seeing first hand Thai people coming here and staying here. I have friends that make their livelihood bringing them here and they work all day long because there is so much business.
    Yes Peter, He and his friends are the main reasons that getting things done is so tough, But his posts say a lot about his comprehension of the English lingo,
    No One said a word about NO GIRLS wanting to go, Mike and I both said that we know nothing about BKK women, but most Thai women do not want to go. But in his dope crazed mind he cant read.

Thanks
    I had a nice home in a nice area of Van Nuys when we were building the north end of the 405, but when we worked on the south end down by Long Beach it was hours a day fighting traffic.
    I was actually thinking of Van Nuys as a potential new location. I will still have access to the Metro, but will have a short bus ride to get to the N. Hollywood station of the red line. My commute will go up to about an hour, but I will still avoid driving in LA traffic. The buildings in that area are newer and the general surroundings are cleaner.

Here there are homeless people sleeping everywhere and begging. They pee and puke on the sidewalks, which makes my morning walks to the train pretty unattractive. I actually saw a guy throw his empty fast food bag on the sidewalk the other day. There is trash strewn everywhere. It's a shame because the place really does have potential. In fact, it was a pretty nice area at one time.

I work on Wilshire Blvd near Vermont. I only have to walk a few blocks to my office from the train station. That area is not as depressing as the area where we live. They're doing construction on the Wilshire/Vermont station so it is kind of in disarray now, but it should be pretty nice when they finish.

I do look forward to the day when we can move to our place in Sahatsakhan. There the worst I have to see is a few cow pies in the road. I will also not need to worry about trains or traffic.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thread Information