PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Dissapearing attachments
    Thanks

Dissapearing attachments

I just noticed that attachments to my old posts, such as on this thread (among others) http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9463 have vanished. Presumably this happened with the server move.

Not a big issue but there are a number of cases where losing uploaded attachments makes the post difficult to understand. For example on some other thread I posted a chart of consonants and the discussion about that is not very useful unless you can see the chart...
    ไมค์

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks Mike for bringing that to our attention. We will try to find out what went wrong. I think it is time that we launched member photo albums so people can upload relevant pictures for their posts.

Thanks
    OK, thanks. I may well turn the posts about the opening of our bot into a blog, but some of the other attachments were, as I said, basically part of a discussion thread.
    ไมค์

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    At this moment, I cannot actually see a directory where these attachments go. If I could find it then I could (in theory) rescue them for the old server (which we still have). I will have to pass this one onto iGotNoTime when he gets more time. He is working nights at the moment and is finding the going tough.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow
    I will have to pass this one onto iGotNoTime when he gets more time.

No problem. I'm sure you'll sort it out eventually (along with the problem of search not working on "old" posts).
    ไมค์

Thread Information