PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Cook Books

Thread: Cook Books

Thanks

Cook Books

Hi all,

I was wondering what authentic Thai cook books anyone can recommend. I've heard David Thompsons Thai Food is very good. Anything else I should look at?

Thanks all,

Wayne

Thanks

sad

ummm Wayne, my personal opinion is if you really want authentic taste you can find recipe from this website for example or from other Thai-based website. Nowadays they have provided good picture and video clip so you have an idea how the food should look like. (in case you are not familiar with that dish) One thing that may be a bit tricky is most of Thai recipe sometime we don't put amount in exact number in measurable unit. So sometime have to try and taste a bit. Anyway I browse through cook book regularly if I find one I will let you know.

Thanks
    I have acquired a heck of a lot of Thai recipe books and constantly compare one recipe against each other however I still start out with Sodsook's "True Thai" and also found Mcdermott's new book "Quick and Easy Thai" refreshing.
    If you are really serious, I guess you too will start to accumulate the books.
    the food videos here are great and online thai recipe lists are also worth saving especially this one

have fun
    users.bigpond.com/catch22inc/home
    Last edited by rcalaimo; 24-08-06 at 01:51 AM. Reason: no return link

Thanks

Re: Cook Books

If you are in BK, any branch of BOOKAZINE has loads of Thai / SE Asian / miscellaneous cookbooks on a revolving rack. They are published by Australian Women's Weekly and are 100 Baht each. They are great! I use them for cooking here in Thailand - I would heartily recommend them to anyone. Really nice recipes, useful hints, explanations of ingredients.........I think they are fantastic, and at that price you can buy a few different ones.

Thread Information