PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Monster in my bathroom!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Monster in my bathroom!

The other day as I went to use the bathroom before going to bed I nearly stepped on a monster of a giant centipede about 10" long . I had to batter it about 20x with a broom and it was still alive. I did take a pic but don't know how to get the image on screen. I showed the picture to my neighbours who told me it was called taKhan (the Kh sounding like clearing your throat) and I could've called rescue services to catch it.
    Looking for info about it on the net I have found footage of them catching and eating mice... And to think I nearly stepped on it, spiders the size of my hand and 3" dirty cockroaches I can handle but I never want to see one of these in my bathroom again.
    How can I get my picture up with a URL and stuff?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    When you do a reply, click on "go advanced" and you will then see more options. One of them is "manage attachments". Use this to upload a picture.

Thanks
    In Issaan they told me that they put those monsters in whiskey bottles... their poison in combination with the alcohol is supposed to make you strong! (maybe as in "If it doesn't kill you...")

Anybody else heard of that or seen it?

btw, I'd love to see that picture
    life is wonderful!

Thanks
    Yea, we got em up here too, My Thai dog will kill anything that comes thru the wire, Pythons and Cobras are just fun for her, chickens are her favorite, but a TAKHAP is something she just barks at until I come and kill it.
    We had a lot of em around when they were building my house and were very careful about handeling the cement blocks because a bunch of em had set up housekeeping in the block pile.

Thanks
    How deadly are these monster centipede's

Thanks
    Well Thai are deathly afraid of em, at least the Thai we have here are, and they are a terrible looking thing, my dog is afraid of em and people that I have talked to say it is a terribly painful bite and do not ever want another, so as far as I can see, they are bad news.
    I had a pic of one but it seems to have gone somewhere, it was close to a foot long [30 cm]

Thanks
    I google on Thai centipede:

Man, This animal can kill:

Did you know?

1. Scorpions kill over a thousand people a year in Mexico.

2. There are over 1500 species of scorpion but only 25 can kill people.

3. Some scorpions can live a year without food or water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	centipede2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	352  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    But the scorpion in mexico that is so dangerous is the BARK scorpion and it mostly kills children but does make even grown ups sick and if alcoholics then they usually die to. Thai scorpions are not nearly as deadly.
    Here is the only pic I could fine of the THAKAP and it is not a real good one but maybe I can find my other that is lost.

Thakap [poisonous claw]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts
    Hopefully the beastie in question is this one from

http://www.thaibugs.com/others1.htm It is 14" long (350mm)

(Click for bigger pic)
    Last edited by Khun Don; 29-10-07 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks
    This thread is so funny. My girlfriend e-mailed me a few weeks ago and told me something very scary was crawling around in her room and she had to catch it in a glass and put it in the bathroom. In her words it moves like a snake and has many legs. She said she couldn't sleep all night thinking about it. I thought it was ging-gue (millipede) and she told me she thinks its dta-kaab. So ever since then I nicknamed her dta-kaab and she doesn't like that nickname at all. I told her she could release it because it won't hurt her. But this thing looks dangerous and now I understand.

Thread Information