PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
pls anyone help mE!!!
    Thanks

question pls anyone help mE!!!

i was wondering of anyone can help fore more information of working and living in thailand......i am Thai-Egyptian ...from a thai mom.. last year i went to bangkok to see my familyy...i made a thai citizen .. (thai id and passport) so i have dual citizin now ...i will finish college next year then i want 2 travel 2 thailand and live there and also work there .. ( i am computer engineering ) ....so what will be my problems ..i mean papers ?..do i have 2 join the army?...in Egypt if u have dual citizen then u dont join army ... i really miss thai and miss my family there :( ...so pls i need more info..i can speak thai ,cant read or write ...but i will learn it....and i know arabic and english ........ty for help

Thanks
    I do not know about the army, but with a Thai ID card and aThai passport you will not need any papers to work here such as a work permit, just come and find a job and report for work. and anything connected to computers should be a pretty good trade.
    Wish I could help you with the army service thing, but i can't.

Check the Bangkok Post online, help wanted ads for jobs with your qualifications and get a feel for what is available

Thanks
    ohh ty very much for help...

Thanks
    do you speak Thai?

Thanks
    yeah i can speak but not that good tho ...

Thanks
    Pardon me for barging in with a question, but it is generally related to the original post:

What exactly does it take to get a Thai ID card and passport? Evidently having one Thai parent is sufficient, since billydark got his documents. However, what if that Thai parent is now a citizen of another country? Does that change the situation?

My niece (by marriage), whose parents are both Thai citizens but who herself is a U.S. citizen, got her Thai ID and passport when we all went to Thailand recently, so apparently Thailand will recognize dual citizenship (although the U.S. does not!). Does one ever lose one's Thai citizenship in the eyes of the Thai government?

Again, sorry for slightly derailing this thread, but it got me curous. The reason I ask is I am wondering if my daughters could get Thai IDs and passports someday, if they chose to do so. My wife is Thai (although now a naturalized U.S. citizen), and my daughters were born in the U.S.

DogoDon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DogoDon
    My niece (by marriage), whose parents are both Thai citizens but who herself is a U.S. citizen, got her Thai ID and passport when we all went to Thailand recently, so apparently Thailand will recognize dual citizenship (although the U.S. does not!).
    Actually the US does! It's pretty common these days for US Citizens to have other citizenship's. There was an article published not to long back about the subject. It seems those of Irish descent have been at the forefront of getting citizenship and another passport.

A good website on this subject is http://www.richw.org/dualcit/law.html or http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...ationality.htm

Thanks
    Hey, thanks Peterg, I haven't had a chance yet to fully digest that article, but it looks really good. I hadn't been aware there were recent developments regarding dual citizenship.

Anybody able to answer my question about requirements for getting Thai ID and passport (i.e., I'm too lazy to try to find out from official channels, and am hoping somebody knows the answer!).

DogoDon

Thanks
    that will definetly make it much tricker for you
    Quote Originally Posted by billydark
    yeah i can speak but not that good tho ...

Thread Information