Thanks

Oopsie... Taxi from airport to Millenium Hilton Hotel (urgent!)

hi all, wonder if i can get help at short notice. I've a friend flying off to bangkok tonight & was wondering how much would a taxi ride cost him from the airport to millenium hilton hotel (near chao praya river side) with meter as he did not arrange for transport to pick him up.Will hiring a taxi from the airport counter incur extra charges? many many thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    How late will he arrive because the cost of the ride will vary according to amount of traffic? There is a 50 baht surcharge for catching a taxi inside the passenger terminal. He will also probably go by tollway which would add about 70 baht. Central Bangkok would cost about 200-250 baht on the meter. Possibly 300 baht to his hotel if there is bad traffic.

Thanks

Notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow
    How late will he arrive because the cost of the ride will vary according to amount of traffic? There is a 50 baht surcharge for catching a taxi inside the passenger terminal. He will also probably go by tollway which would add about 70 baht. Central Bangkok would cost about 200-250 baht on the meter. Possibly 300 baht to his hotel if there is bad traffic.
    wah the boss has replied. ke ke. erm bout 9 plus bangkok time he said. er wa's a tollway? so bout 300 baht then? wow ta's expensive for a cab ride.

Thanks

taxis

Quote Originally Posted by recycling
    hi all, wonder if i can get help at short notice. I've a friend flying off to bangkok tonight & was wondering how much would a taxi ride cost him from the airport to millenium hilton hotel (near chao praya river side) with meter as he did not arrange for transport to pick him up.Will hiring a taxi from the airport counter incur extra charges? many many thanks.
    A meter taxi to central Bangkok shouldn't be more than 200B, even if there are some extras. Airport taxi drivers might try and pull a stunt. Just quietly insist that the meter is on. A small tip (20B or so) will help the driver appreciate that going by the meter is good for everyone.

Inside the terminal there is a "VIP taxi service" that will take you to Bangkok for 700B. Leave that to the VIPs.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I wanted to give you an extreme price so there would be no surprises. At 9 p.m. it should be less than that. Maybe like Bilk says, 200 baht. Just make sure he uses the meter. In Thai you just say "bert mee-dter" if it looks like he hasn't already. If he has, it should be on 35 baht. However, please remember to tip him if he looks after you well. Petrol prices have gone up 100% in the last few years but the meter still starts at 35 baht.

Thread Information