PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
A New Computer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Computer

Thanks

A New Computer

Hi guys ....I'm a new face here so I'll say hello and hope to see some more interesting threads.

I'm off to buy a computer at the new I.T centre in Laksi Plaza. I don't know much about computers but a new modal of a Thai brand caught my eye.SVOA.....
    My first question has anyone heard anything negative about this brand?

Secondly what requirements do I need to play decent games on it?

And the last question is....mmmmm....who's a good internet provider?

There will be more questions I'm sure soon...Thanks if anyone can offer some advise..

Thanks
    a good internet provider seems to be where you live and what phone co in your area, but there are no real good ISP in Thailand, but some are worse than others.
    I have TTT and so have the best they offer, it is still spendy, barely enough power to get online and surfing is next to impossible.

Thanks
    Thanks a whole bunch. So at a guess if my local internet cafe has a decent connection which is just up the street my house should get a decent provider?

[I really don't know much about PC's]
    Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch
    a good internet provider seems to be where you live and what phone co in your area, but there are no real good ISP in Thailand, but some are worse than others.
    I have TTT and so have the best they offer, it is still spendy, barely enough power to get online and surfing is next to impossible.

Thanks
    The only ADSL available to me is MAXNET, I pay for 512/256 and it is off line more than on, and cycles off and online at a few second cycles and it never meters out more than about 40 kbps and mostly about 10 or slightly over, in fact it has cycled off and on 3 times since I started this post.
    If you get TAT then your options are better

Thanks
    as for the brand ....should it really matter?

Thanks

Re: A New Computer

I need to qualify this with I've never used an SVOA computer, but my younger sister used to be in the PR department at SVOA and she used those computers all the time. She had no problems with them, and found them more economical. SVOA has also done some generous things with schools around Thailand and providing computers and computer training.

Thanks

I've got an SVOA computer, and it had to be sent away for repairs a couple of times within 3 months of purchasing it (faulty motherboard). Whether I was just unlucky or not I don't know. It's been alright since then though.

I can recommend the "IT City" chain who I bought it from though, they were friendly and helpful, and it was all free to get it repaired under their warranty.

Thanks

The computerland shop in Phetchabun is a good place to stay away from, I spent 55k baht for my wifes new HP laptop and the first 6 months we had it 1 and they had it 5, finally I got hold of HP in phetsanulok and they got it back from computerland and changed the mainboard and it has done well since then.

Thanks

I have a cable connection, not ADSL, comes together with UBC. it's quite stable and fast, I don't have frequent downtimes, maybe ten minutes a month, but sometimes it slows down a bit. rain and thunderstorms sometimes knocks out the cable tv but not the internet. I pay 500 a month and it is a 1M connection.

Thanks

We have dialup which can be about any ISP, but for ADSL here on TTT only MAXNET is available now as CSCOMS/LOXINFO will no longer use TTT lines for their service except dialup, I pay 845 a month.
    Now at 0700 my speed is good, 53KBps down and 23KBps upload but in an hour it might be offline or so slow that it will not even load a page but I too have a 1M hookup to my server but even this early it is cycling off and on to the net.

Thread Information