PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thai phone number
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Thai phone number

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...
    is the phone number (0066)15xxxxxx from a cell phone or fixed Thai network? If it's a cell phone, do you think the number would still be available outside of Thailand (in Germany)?
    I'm trying to contact a Thai travelling in Germany, without success so far
    life is wonderful!

Thanks

Re: Thai phone number

Normally, the number should be (+66)15XXXXXX... it should be mobile number....
    You might not be able to contact him/her because he/she does not has auto-roaming.....

BTW, from now onwards, all Thai telephone has to add a "8" in their numbers.

For example if the number is (+66)12345678, its now (+66)"8"12345678 OR 0"8"1-2345678.

The additional "8" will come effect in Nov '06...... start adding "8" now!

Eh... I hope I didn't confuse you guys.....

Thanks

Thanks, bucky.
    So this additional "8" will be in every number all over Thailand? What's the purpose of this?
    Did I get this right... The area code for Krabi (for example) is now 075 from within Thailand and will now change to 0875? And for Bangkok it will be 082? ...Or is it only for cell phones?
    life is wonderful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maipenrai99
    So this additional "8" will be in every number all over Thailand? What's the purpose of this?
    Did I get this right... The area code for Krabi (for example) is now 075 from within Thailand and will now change to 0875? And for Bangkok it will be 082? ...Or is it only for cell phones?
    I heard its for the increased usage of mobile phone users.......

Its quite confusing actually.... I just checked with my Thai friend and he says its for cell phones only... I thought it was for all calls??!!

Let me check and confirm with the others first ok...

But then this will only takes effect sometime in Nov... you still can use the old numbers for time being...

Thanks

To add an "8" is only for already existing Mobile Phone Numbers. This way they will get a greater amount of Mobile Phone Numbers, because there is a great need of more Numbers.

But you can still use the old Number if you are trying to call a friend, but at the end of the year (or in November like BUCKY mentioned) you have to add the "8".

New sold Numbers can also be added another number instead of an "8".
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks

Yea, my wife new number is 081-043 used to be 01-043

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY
    Its quite confusing actually.... I just checked with my Thai friend and he says its for cell phones only... I thought it was for all calls??!!
    Ok, its been confirmed... the changes are for mobile phones only. Resident and Office numbers remain.
    Everyone has up till 30 Nov '06 to add additional "8" on all Thai mobile numbers.

Thanks

Thank you for this information, bucky! I wonder why nobody of my Thai friends told me?

By the way, I finally managed to contact the person travelling... and she said she doesn't have time to visit me
    life is wonderful!

Thanks

I have another question about cell phones...

I have a Thai sim card, but haven't used it since I got back in March '05. I figure that now I'd have to add this "8" to my number.
    But would my number somehow expire or something if I didn't use it for such a long time? Also, I don't have any money left on it (it was a prepaid sim card).
    I am planning to travel to Malaysia next year and come to Thailand as well before I go back home. Do you think there is any possibility to buy Thai prepaid cards (1-2-call) in Malaysia? Or online?

Plus I have a Thai bank account with Bangkok bank, but also no money on it. Would this expire?
    life is wonderful!

Thanks

good news you are coming to Thailand!

prepaid cards must be "fed" 200 baht every 20 days (or proportional sums) if you don't want them to expire. I don't think they can be "resuscitated".

is it possible parcels are scanned and a SIM card would not go through (together with your books)? (will mail regarding this.) a new card is 200 baht.

Thread Information