PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thai Visa Help Needed!
    Thanks

Oopsie... Thai Visa Help Needed!

Hallo Everybody,

I am setting off on a Round the World trip which will take me to Asia. So I will land in Thailand and then move into Cambodia, Laos, Vietanm, Malaysia and so on.
    My plan is to stay in Thailand for 2 weeks, then move into cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and back into Thailand, all the way down to Singapore.
    Since I will not stay in thailand for longer than a month but my nect ticket will only leave from singapore to Thailand I was wondering if there is any way for me to buy an online ticket (or through an agency) that will allow me to avail of the free 30 days visa to prove that I will not stay in Thailand for longer than a month.
    Any idea where I can get a bus or train ticket into cambodia or even another close country?

thank you

Thanks

Re: Thai Visa Help Needed!

Thanks

they never ever check the return ticket when applying for a 30-day visa free stay. lots of long term residents staying without proper visas for years make the daytrip to the border and get back in the same day, without ever planning to leave. it's pretty much autmoatic that you get the 30-day stay. I wouldn't bother about buying a ticket just for the immigration, if you have any kind of ticket out of Asia it should be enough in case they do end up asking for something. but really, they never do.

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

Immigration rarely ask to see your return ticket as Betty says, but the airline may not allow you to board without some evidence of your itinerary.
    Not saying it will be a problem, just that it could be. Check first, and enjoy your trip.
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks

that's true, if you have a one-way ticket, the airlines want proof that either you are a national at the destination, or you have a visa for extended stay, or an onward ticket anywhere. but you can board a plane to Thailand with a one-year return open ticket and 60-day tourist visa, or apply for a 30-day visa free stay at the border checkpoint with a ticket the onward/return section of which is outside 30 days. last time the airline allowed me to board with a one-way ticket but made me sign a declaration that I will be allowed into Thailand and that they are not taking any responsibility whatever happens. so, you have to sort things out with the airlines, not with the immigration official, in a typical case.

Thread Information