PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Cost of living in Thailand
    Thanks

Re: ExPats; Whats are some off the things you must have, but not availible in Thailand?

I'm wanting to move out to Thailand in A few years and retire or set up a buisness, ( pest control services)? I am looking at Udonthani area. I will have A retirement package of around £160,000.lump sum.
    What is the average cost of living per month? I will already have my own property.
    I hope some one can give me some sound advice?

thankyou.

Thanks

Re: ExPats; Whats are some off the things you must have, but not availible in Thailand?

Dog Bite...Sound advice? That's a coin flip. Factual advice, That's a subjective call. Thai blogs give good information. Allow's a broad perspective on things thai. Sound advice? First see a therapist. If yu still decide to go to udon, than, keep in mind that area was inundated with US military and covert actions by US Gov't. Those thai/lao people up there are very familiar with farangs. And avoid talking about money. So many farang make the mistake of mouthing about their wealth. Tends to kill relationships. [oop's, think I'm on the wrong thread}

Thanks

As states, Living expenses can be anything that you want to spend and how high you want to live.
    Anywhere between 4,000 to 100,000 baht a month.
    Pest control in Thailand is already an established business and nowhere what it is in the USA.
    Thai will not go for that old trick of using chemicals with a half life of 12 days at $150 and a contract of 12 months at $40 a month.
    Here they come and spray for Termites and all pests including ants and spiders with a 24 month guarantee for $75, or a one time spray for ants at $20.
    Ants do not seem to disturb Thai and they are in all houses and grounds and are accepted by Thai as normal house guests.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Cost of living in Thailand

Have you looked at the other posts on this forum? There is already a lot posted on this subject. Here are a few links to posts I found in a quick search:

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9718
    http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5181

Thanks

Re: Cost of living in Thailand

Well my former thai girlfriend had a cockroach that used to roam the house every day, it was considered a friend or a pet, it even had a name, I don't think they would like any one killing it using insecticide.

Thread Information