PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Buying a gift for my Thai Girlfriend
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Buying a gift for my Thai Girlfriend

I'm visiting Bangkok to see my thai girlfriend in a couple of weeks for the first time after chatting with her and sending/receiving emails, etc.

I think she is going to give me a gift when I arrive and of course I would also like to offer her something in exchange.

Could someone suggest something suitable?

Graham

Thanks

Re: Buying a gift for my Thai Girlfriend

Wait til you get here and if you like her take her to a gold shop and invest a few hundred baht in a nice trinket, they all like gold.

Just tell her that you have heard that Thai gold was the very best in the world.

Thanks

Hi FaranginPhetch,

Thanks...would she be dissapointed if I didn't bring anything with me though? In other words, would she be expecting me to give her something when I first met her at the Airport?

Graham

Thanks

Graham dear. May I call you Graham? All girls would love to receive a gift from a gentleman such as yourself. You would be a darling to bring her something from home. It doesn't have to be for herself alone. It could be something she could share with her friends. Chocolates are expensive here. Maybe a big box of chocolates? On my last trip back from the UK, I brought back some gossip magazines for my maid and a pop star magazine for her daughter. There were a lot of pictures and they simply loved it.

Thanks

Yes..that sounds a good idea. I didn't want to get to personal on our first face to face but obviously I wanted to show her some kindness. She says that she finds learning to speak English exciting. Maybe I can give her something that helps her in this area so long as she would not be offended. I know sometimes when she is tired she would rather chat than talk as she finds speaking english a little difficult. Did you see my other posting about strating the relationship? Let me know what you think.

Of course you can call me Graham..thats fine!

Thanks

Well dear, if she is learning English then some picture magazines would be a perfect gift. Maybe OK or other magazines that show latest fashions.

Thanks

They have about all the fashion mags already here, our daughter has her room full of em, No need to haul anymore on a plane than you have to and even extra cloths could be picked up here cheap, Bad enough just getting on a plane without a bunch of junk to keep track of.

Thanks

Young man, you misunderstand me. The novelty is that the magazines are in English. The gentleman did say that his lady friend is learning English. If he is buying a gift, it should be something that is not easy to buy here. Or something that will remind her of him. Like a calendar with pictures of good old England.

Thanks

well you can have your old driver take you to the book shops, I have seen a lot of English language mags here in the larger centers.

Thanks

I'll just think it through and see what ideas I come up with. Hell, if she really likes me then it doesn't matter what I bring with me. The fact that I'm coming to see her is a demonstration of my commitment to her in any case...

My biggest concern right now is whether she is genuine and actually she is who she says she is and I won't know that until we meet...I'm happy to take that risk. If I get my fingers burned,then at least I'll know to be much more careful next time.

Thanks for your help in any case.

Thread Information