Thanks

Shopping toys and clothes

Hie

I'll be in BKK mid Oct.

Large sized clothes

SHopping around for quality Polo and shirts, European or large asian sized, for both ladies and men.

CHildren clothes, both good quality and homewear.

I've a few places in mind. SHould I first go to Bo Bae Tower first then MBK ? Or the other way round ? I heard from friends that it is difficult to find large size ladies Polo and shirts in Bangkok. Will I be able to find them in Bo Bae market or tower ?

Children toys

Where can I find cheap educational toys for children in BKK ? Are there any specific area in BKK that sells all these only ? I noticed there are a lot of quality educational toys in the market that are made in thailand. Anywhere that I may be able to find such as these ?

Thank u

Joy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Shopping toys and clothes

When you say you want "quality" do you mean real designer brands? Or the fake kind? The places you mentioned will mainly sell fakes. Other shopping malls further eastward from MBK on the sky train have designer shops. I know it is strange, but you could try the hypermarkets for clothes! They sell polo shirts and childrens clothes and you don't have the hassle of haggling! There is a Big C not far from Central World. Also try Tesco Lotus and Carrefour.

I am not so sure about quality toys from Thailand. Possibly these are made for export only? Try MBK for electronic games. Then departments stores like Central for toys. Central World is on the sky train route and a short hop from MBK. The first Tors R Us was opened on the top floor of Central City Bang Na. I think they were opening another branch in central Bangkok but I am not sure. This branch of Central can be reached by going to On Nut which is the end of the sky train route. They have a free shuttle bus from here to Central for commuters. You need to pick up a coupon but I am not so sure if that is possible for tourists.

Thanks

Re: Shopping toys and clothes

you can always go to chatuchak weekend market or the suan lum area too..cheaper clothes and accessories are always around

Thread Information