Thanks

talking bars and music in samut prakan

dear all i will be spending a couple of weeks in samut prakan with a family of new friends
    any advice on food drink music that might be off the beaten track or considered very good id like to have a good suprise up my sleeve
    tha lady of the house has a loveof western blues music and r&b are there any farang bars in the area
    any help or advice greatfully recived
    graham croxford

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: samut prakan

Samut Prakan is a relatively big place. Do you know the district/road name? The city itself doesn't have any bars as such. Certainly no farang bars. Our end of Srinakarain road has many bars and clubs as well as restaurants to eat.

Thanks

thank you for your reply richard,
    i will be staying off taparuk road bangmuane
    any info on bang po golf course
    many thanks graham

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smilemaker
    thank you for your reply richard,
    i will be staying off taparuk road bangmuane
    any info on bang po golf course
    many thanks graham
    Couple of driving ranges along Teeparak Road and Samut Prakan.... there's a golf course inside Bangpoo Industrial Estates.
    I saw couple of restuarants along Teeparak/Samut Prakan Road. There's even a Good View Restaurant which has a pretty decent one in Chiangmai... not sure about the one in Samut Prakan though...
    Enjoy....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That road crosses Srinakarin and you will find plenty of entertainment venues and restaurants. Also on that road, and towards Bangkok, you will find Seri Center and Seacon Square which are two massive shopping malls next to each other. On the nearby Bang-Na Trad highway you will find Central City which is another large shopping mall. This area is very close to the new airport which opens at the end of this month.

Some tourist highlights include: Erawan Museum, Ancient City and maybe the Crocodile Farm. I can probably get you a phone number for the Bang Pu golf club later if you like. Also near here is the Bang Pu Seaside Resort. There is a long pier here with a restaurant at the end overlooking the Gulf of Thailand. Also along the coastline there are a number of restaurants at a place called Bangsaen II. This is not far from Ancient City along Sukhumwit Road.

Have you ever used the free program Google Earth? If so, download this file I created and open it in Google Earth. You will see many tourist attractions and also the golf course. There are also quite a few photos. I am still working on this project but there is already a lot there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow
    That road crosses Srinakarin and you will find plenty of entertainment venues and restaurants. Also on that road, and towards Bangkok, you will find Seri Center and Seacon Square which are two massive shopping malls next to each other. On the nearby Bang-Na Trad highway you will find Central City which is another large shopping mall. This area is very close to the new airport which opens at the end of this month.
    You the man!
    I travel to Bangpuu quite often actually... but have never been to those tourist attractions such as the Erawan Museum, Ancient City, Crocodile Farm, Bangpuu beach, etc... always taking the Teeparak Road towards Samut Prakan... the traffic there is a killer cos of the bridge constructions!
    I didn't know Srinakarin is part of Samut Prakan though???

Thanks

Maybe you would like to go out with My former Thai girlfriend who lives in Samut Prakan, she is looking for a man with Money, money and more money.
    If you want a change from large shopping centers and want a more traditional form of shopping experience, how about visiting Paknam Markets, a lot of cheap food there.

Thanks

thanks chaps
    all info greatly appreciated
    regards graham

Thread Information