PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Hot spot to surf in chiang mai
    Thanks

Hot spot to surf in chiang mai

Hi everybody,

I shall be in chiang Mai for a month from September to November.

Is there any free hot spots in CM that i can surf using my lap top.

Is it worth the hassle to bring the lap top with me ?.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Hot spot to surf in chiang mai

I cannot answer the question about hot spots. As to whether you will need your laptop depends a lot on the reason that you need it for. Internet shops are readily available. The most expensive it will be is 1 baht per minute ($1.50 for one hour) or 20 baht per hour in non-tourist areas. There are also many places where you can burn your photos onto a CD.

When I travel I always take my laptop. But, it is a security concern. I want my laptop as I usually write blogs while I am on the road. I don't often find hotspots so I transfer my blogs and pictures to a thumb drive and use an internet cafe to then post my blog. I also use my laptop to process and label my pictures as I go along as I am often taking at least 500 pictures per day and that is too much work to leave to when I return.

Thanks

someone told me Starbucks cafes are usually covered, I didn't check for myself. (there is one at Thapae gate and another on Changklan road if I remember correctly.)
    internet cafes charge 20 to 40 baht an hour, 10 baht at some places in the old city if you stray off the tourist strip and can read the Thai numerals announcing this outside a darkened glass door :-) 20 baht is normal in the Moon Muang area, connections are good to great, most places come with microphones and webcams, skype is available, etc. they usually allow you to hook up your laptop of course - this also applies to several hotels, and they don't need to be expensive ones.

Thanks

Betti, Richard

Thanks for the information.

I use the internet cafe instead.

Thread Information