PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
NEW BOOK: Retiring in Thailand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

NEW BOOK: Retiring in Thailand

Retiring in Thailand
    Author: Philip Bryce & Sunisa Wongdee Terlecky
    Details: Paperback. 270 Pages
    Size: 6" x 8.5"

A very useful guide for those who are interested in retiring in Thailand. It contains critical information for retirees: how to get a retirement visa, banking, health care, renting property, making friends, everyday life issues and other important retirement factors. It also lists Thailand's top retirement locations. It's a must for anyone considering living the good life in the Land of Smiles.
    We are planning on selling this at www.BuyThaiBooks.com soon. We will post more details here when that happens.

UPDATE: Now for sale in our bookstore - http://www.buythaibooks.com/customer...?productid=190
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample_page_1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample_page_2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	369  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample_page_3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	370  

Thanks

Re: NEW BOOK: Retiring in Thailand

Richard, is this book mailed from thailand to other countries.? Hope it can be shipped from a US location.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lenss
    Richard, is this book mailed from thailand to other countries.? Hope it can be shipped from a US location.
    It look as though the publisher is based in Berkeley, CA, with an office in Bangkok.
    http://www.retiringinthailand.com/

Thanks

Thanks GkapiBreath., for the web site.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The book is printed here in Thailand and then shipped to America by sea mail. The book has only just been published and I am not sure if they would have received their copies yet. We usually sell cheaper than them if you want to wait a few days. Their shipping fees are quite expensive.

Thanks

Book is listed at $19.99. Think I'll wait for you guys.

Thanks

Sounds like a fine idea, a book focused on retiring in Thailand.
    The title alone is sure to generate a lot of sales.
    Alas, while the title is tempting, the actual book is disappointing -- judging from the web preview.

I am retired and have been living here in Thailand for over two years.
    I've bought a lot of books about Thai culture and Thai language, and I'll certainly buy many more.
    But after a look at the sample pages on the web, I won't be buying this book.
    It is mundane, boringly mundane.
    Had I purchased this book before I arrived here, and without reading the sample pages, I would have wanted to return the book and get a refund.

But don't take my word for it.
    Before you spend your money, judge for yourself.
    You can read sample pages here: http://www.retiringinthailand.com/vi...ew_book_2.html

That said, there are many other, highly useful books for anyone thinking about retiring in Thailand.
    Here are some I have purchased and found highly useful:
    • Benjawan's Thai-English English-Thai (Critical for surviving in Thailand. I use this dictionary every day.)
    • Thailand Fever (Essential reading for every man coming to Thailand, retired or not.)
    • DOs & DON'Ts in Thailand (All those cultural gaffs that foreigners make, along with how to avoid making them.)
    • Thai for Beginners & Thai for Beginners Software
    • Living Thai Ways
    • Thai Hawker Food
    I see that all of these excellent books are available on the website www.buythaibooks.com .
    Sadly, Bryce & Terleck's Retiring in Thailand doesn't make it into the excellent category.
    I hope Richard isn't buying a large quantity for inventory.
    And I look forward to reading other opinions about this book from retirees with substantial experience in Thailand.

Thanks

The web previews are bland. But I'm not sure that tells the tale of the entire book. The books that you've listed as being quite good...Did you determine they were good reading by there web site review's?

Thanks

Damn, I guess that I ain't happy, maybe I should read a book so I know what to do, I been here only 6 years,First came here in the mid 60s, I got friends that have been here since they was in Nam, married and loving it, coarse they have had to go away for a few months at a time to work,
    Some only have 15 years and they never read a book about it either, maybe they ain't doing it right either.

Living life sure ain't like operating a complicated piece of new machinery that has to be done with an operators manual in one hand.

Thanks

Yes, it does sound that way, don't it.

To bad they didn't have books like that when we started to move around the world ain't it,, Maybe we would have returned home 40 years ago and never left again.555

Thread Information