PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Christmas in Bangkok
    Thanks

Christmas in Bangkok

Hi,
    I'll be spending Christmas in Bangkok this year with my wife and 14 month old son.
    Is it business as usual for the Thais on Christmas day as they're generally bhuddist or will i have problems booking restaurants etc.?
    Also,any ideas on what to do on Christmas day?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Christmas in Bangkok

Everything is open as normal on Christmas Day as Thailand is a Buddhist nation. However, you will find Christmas decorations in the shopping malls and the four star hotels will be serving Christmas dinner. Other than that, it is just another day.

Thanks

Thanks for your help-in that case we may go on a river dinner cruise-any idea which cruise is the best?

Thanks

I don't know about other places, but here in Chiang Mai I almost went crazy with all the Jingle Bells I heard everywhere: at the market, at the bank (!), at the shopping centres, on tv, as mobile ringtones, etc. it was painful.
    the farang restaurants were packed out with tourists and expats, and they offered turkey dinners and other specials as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts

I can never again feel the same way about Christmas time in Thailand even though I have spent the last god knows how many Christmases there. For me it will now for ever be linked in my mind with the terrible events of Boxing Day 2004. I will again be in Thailand this boxing day, as I was last year, and again I will quietly give thanks for my luck and spend time reflecting on how many friends lifes changed forever that dreadful day.

Thanks

We consider ourselves the luckiest people on earth.
    We were married on Phuket in 2004 and met so many amazing people while we were out there-both Thai and many other races.We flew home 3 days before the tsunami struck and were shocked and stunned when we saw what had happened on t.v.
    We are returning this year to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary with our new baby and although it will be a special time for us we will never have an anniversary or Christmas without thinking of all the people who were lost in that terrible tragedy.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guava
    I can never again feel the same way about Christmas time in Thailand even though I have spent the last god knows how many Christmases there. For me it will now for ever be linked in my mind with the terrible events of Boxing Day 2004. I will again be in Thailand this boxing day, as I was last year, and again I will quietly give thanks for my luck and spend time reflecting on how many friends lifes changed forever that dreadful day.
    In 2004 I spent my first Christmas away from home in Thailand. I will never forget the hundreds of KhomLoys floating in the air over Chiang Mai on New Years Eve, launched for the spirits of those killed in the Tsunami.

Thread Information