PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thai Cookery Courses in BKK
    Thanks

Thai Cookery Courses in BKK

Hi everyone,

Just 3 days to go before I am back in my beloved Thailand!!!

Wondering if anyone could give me a good recommendation on a cooking school in BKK. I will have a couple of days free & although I can cook some thai dishes very well - the staples such as: khao phad, kuay teow, kaeng keow wahn, som tam etc. I would love to learn some of the more complex dishes.

My mate Guava recommended Blue Elephant which does seem nice but the menu looks unadventurous, though I do like the fact that they take you to a market to check out the local produce.

Has anyone been on a course they would recommend?

Replies & advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Thai Cookery Courses in BKK

This is a blog I wrote about a cooking course in BKK, it was quite unique and so far as I know the only one so far to do it, they run a regular course as well, which is delicious, but I wanted a fish course, so they tailored one specially for me, though they are happy to do the course for anyone, check it out
    http://www.thai-blogs.com/index.php?...&pb=1#comments

Thanks

Re: Thai Cookery Courses in BKK

I agree with Ben Kroo. I too have done the May Kaidee course, but I did the vegetarian version. It is wonderful, so much fun. The way I look at it, i love cooking vege food though i am not a vege, and the techniques i learnt are applicable if you want to add meat to the recipes. The meat is substituted with veg and other extra-tasty ingredients, so you can adapt them to meat versions if you want. I cook here in Thailand, and I would say I use what I learnt at May's course every time i cook. Check out http://www.maykaidee.com and click on the cookery courses link. i can't recommend that course highly enough!

Thread Information