PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
I'm new!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new!

Thanks

talking I'm new!

Hi,guys.I'm new here and need to know what i gonna do here.Anyway ,I'm Ploy from Bangkok.... This seems to be a great site

Thanks

Re: I'm new!

Welcome to the forum, good to see a Thai person posting on the forum.

Thanks

Nice to have some Thais in the English section. I do not know enough to go into the Thai language parts of these forums, so am VERY HAPPY to have someone like Phornpailin here

Thanks

Hi,guys.I'm new here and need to know what i gonna do here.Anyway ,I'm Ploy from Bangkok.... This seems to be a great site
    I like your name!

Thanks

Hi Ploy,

Welcome to these great forums. It's good to have a Thai person here. Maybe you can help us to learn your language. Other members will certainly help you to learn theirs. I look forward to reading your posts.
    ความพยายามอยู่ที่ไหน ความสำเร็จอยู่ที่นั่น

Thanks

Hello, I am new too and just found this website today, i think it's good website. I am Thai and nice to be here with you all.....

St Andrews, Scotland / Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
    Thanks

Welcome both of you. I am sure you will integrate right into the site - most of us are friendly people here...

Thanks

I am new to this site and havent a clue as to what i am doing. Maybe you can all help me. My husband is Thai born and I want to learn more about his early life if I can. Thought maybe this would help me out.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if this is wat you need, but I sometimes find it helpful to learn about things via novels and movies.

I posted a little about a book, In The Mirror... over on another thread. http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/show...9575#post79575
    This has stories set in rural then urban Thailand in the late sixties and early seventies, so gives a picture of migration to the cities. Has detailed commentary so it is easy to follow the political implications of the stories. As well as the story I describe on the other thread there are stories about temple fairs becoming commercial events, volunteer workers erecting useless buildings in the country side, people having to work in dangerous and often fatal jobs. It is on Amazon.

Movies are helpful because you get to see images. And of course some give some insight into growing up in Thailand, perhaps not necessarily the ones you'd think. For example, "Beautiful Boxer" is an entertaining story about a trans-sexual boxer. That might not seem to be what you are looking for, but it includes childhood near Chiang Mai and so includes temple fairs (complete with dancing, boxing, stalls, etc) becoming a novice monk, being harrased by the police, and so on.

Other movies presumably don't have much to do with your husband's early life but are interesting in their own ways.
    Historical and semi-historical: Suriyothai, Bang Rajan, Nang Naak, Jan Dara.
    Modern: Bangkok Dangerous, Ong Bak, Sia Dai, Mekhong full moon party, Monrak Transistor.

You can find descriptions of most of those on www.imdb.com. Many are available in the west in art-house video stores. Others I've purchased from www.ethaicd.com.

Also check out the associated sites such as www.thai-blogs.com for other interesting insights into Thailand.
    ไมค์

Thanks

SAWAT DII..........

HI IAM EUGENE FRM SINGAPORE,IAM NEW HERE SO LOOKING FORWARD
    YOU BUDDYS OUT THERE FOR REPLY..... CHOK DII....!

Thread Information