PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
How to unregister
    Thanks

How to unregister

Hi I would like to unregister myself but cannot find where to do this. Would someone please tell me how? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: How to unregister

We cannot just delete your member name as that will also delete your posts. Some threads won't then make sense. So, we have changed your level to guest which means you won't be able to log in any more.

Thanks

Why suddenly does she want to unregister? Did some regulars upset her?

It seems she joined the Forums to get advice on her studies and have members take part in her survey. Now, she has got what she sought to get, she wants to have herself and all her comments deleted.

I don't understand her reasoning behind this. She has obtained knoweldge from members, whom it seems now just wasted their time and even money on assistance.

I see that she posted her survey on other Thai forums and is also asking to unregister there too!

I disagree that she be allowed to unregister.
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

I see your point, Steve. Should'nt we at least ask first the person why the request to be unregistered? That way we can learn if her reason is justified or not. I guess anyone can just stop visiting the forums at will, but if unregistering the username will have a negative effect on the threads, perhaps the request could be denied.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Steve has a good point. In this case we have changed their membership to guest. This means their posts remain but they can no longer take part in discussions. Another member recently quit over a petty argument with another member and he attempted to delete all of his posts. The affect of this caused a number of good threads and discussions to no longer make any sense. We have now brought back most of the posts that he had "deleted". We had decided in this particular case that the guy was acting like a spoiled child going around breaking all of his toys so that no-one else could play with them.

Thanks

She might be thinking in terms of an email discussion group, rather than a web one. In that case you do need to unregister/ unsubscribe.

Thanks

While I can understand someone wishing to deregister, it seems churlish to want all of ones previous posts deleted - this would obviously disrupt the continuity of threads for anyone trying to research a topic. This might however, be a good time to develop an "exit strategy "for members. Have them complete a questionaire to identify areas if dissatisfaction, opportunities for improvement etc.
    I cannot imagine an argument for deleting previous posts, as all members are effectively anonymous (unless they choose to divulge identification to others) and should they demand to be deregistered, perhaps their IP address could be blocked?

Thread Information