PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Travelling to Rayong
    Thanks

Travelling to Rayong

Hi guys.. i need some help here..

I will be flying into BKK tomorrow evening into the new airport.. I planned to make a trip to Rayong from BKK on the 2nd day... I will be living in Khao San. My plan is to take a ferry to Sathorn Station, then from there, take BTS to Ekamai Station. From the Eastern Station, i will have to take a bus to Rayong.

My purpose of going there is to pay my respects to 2 great monks, namely LP Sakorn, disciple of LP Tim, Wat Laharnrai and LP Sert, Wat Opase. I heard from friends that these 2 temples are about 45 mins apart. If i travel on a bus to Rayong, would i be able to travel between these 2 places easily, as in are they any cabs or motor sai around who understands my minimal passa thai?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Travelling to Rayong

The Rayong buses apparently will stop at the new airport. From the arrival lounge, catch a free 10 minute shuttle bus to the bus terminal. Inquire there. Not sure what time you are arriving so not sure if it is better for you to go into Bangkok.

I only know Wat Laharn Rai. It is north of the city on Route 3138. The name on the other one looks a bit strange. I think it will be pronounced "oh-paat". Not sure where you got the "e" from at the end.

I have typed out the names of the temples in Thai for you to print and show the taxi driver. Obviously I am not sure about the second one. I added a note to say that this is how it is pronounced (I think) but it is probably spelled wrong.

If I find out more I will post again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	templethai.gif 
Views:	50 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	395  

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok, found the temple now. It is pronounced "oh-pa-see". I have attached the names again for you to print out.

Wat Laharn Rai (there is a Wat Laharn Yai nearby) is 19 kms from the city center.

The road distance between the two temples is 30.9 kms.

From the second temple back to Rayong it is 30.5 kms.

I have also attached you a map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	templethai2.gif 
Views:	69 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	396   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	templethai.gif 
Views:	60 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	397  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow
    Ok, found the temple now. It is pronounced "oh-pa-see". I have attached the names again for you to print out.

Wat Laharn Rai (there is a Wat Laharn Yai nearby) is 19 kms from the city center.

The road distance between the two temples is 30.9 kms.

From the second temple back to Rayong it is 30.5 kms.

I have also attached you a map.
    Hi Richard.. Thanks for the great help.. Khup Khoon khrab...

Just 1 more question, is it fairly easy to get a taxi in Rayong??

Thread Information