PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Camera for blogging
    Thanks

Camera for blogging

On my recent trip to Thailand I took 600+ photos. Most are rubbish, particularly the action shots. That's mostly down to me but partly down to my rather clunky point-and-shoot digital camera. The time it takes to turn on and the gap between pressing the button and the shutter going have often meant the action was all over.

I've been coveting friends' digital SLRs and I'm thinking about lashing out and getting one.

What cameras do other bloggers use and what do they recommend?

I've just looked at the Pentax K100. Anyone know if it's any good?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Camera for blogging

I bought the Canon digital SLR for the precise reason you just said. I was missing too many shots with a traditional digital camera. When I first bought it, I wrote a blog which you can read here:

http://www.richardbarrow.com/content/view/135/76/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barrow
    I bought the Canon digital SLR for the precise reason you just said. I was missing too many shots with a traditional digital camera. When I first bought it, I wrote a blog which you can read here:

http://www.richardbarrow.com/content/view/135/76/
    Thanks that blog is very helpful.

Meantime, I should stop complaining about my tools and get some blogs together.

Thanks

I may be stating the obvious, but it took me a while to realise that a lot of the delay time is taken up by focussing. My camera focusses when I push the button halfway down and then taking the picture is reasonably fast. Otherwise, as stated above, action shots are hopeless.

But of course Richard's pictures are much nicer than those from my compact digital. In the end it's a tradeoff between size, convenience, and quality. Ideally I'd have a credit-card sized camera (or a better phone) as well as a camera with a decent-sized lens system.
    ไมค์

Thread Information