PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Dialing home from Thailand

talking Dialing home from Thailand

Could someone please inform me how I can call the Uk when I am in Hua Hin?

What is the national and area code I need to dial before I enter a UK number?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Re: Dialing home

Quote Originally Posted by ;579
    Could someone please inform me how I can call the Uk when I am in Hua Hin?

What is the national and area code I need to dial before I enter a UK number?
    For an International call you first dial 00 and then 44 for the UK. Follow this with the UK number without the 0 at the begining.

For example to dial the UK number 0207 111 1111 you would dial 00 44 207 111 1111.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

Re: Dialing home from Thailand

What's with all the old posts coming up? This OP was in 2003!!! Another one recently answered (on Andaman Coast weather conditions in November) dated back to 2004.

Thanks

In response to a suggestion by a member we are trying to answer previously unanswered posts so to provide better information for New Members searching the Forums. There are a lot more members now with information and experience that perhaps people didn't have in the past when the questions were first posted.

David

Thanks

If you are using a Thai mobile phone I would suggest to dial 008 44 207 111 111 or 009 44 207 111 111. This way you get charged a relatively low rate per minute.

TomUK

Thanks

I always use 00144 for Thailand to UK calls

Thanks

I only call from my mobile so I actually dial '+' so assumed the number was '00', but I just discoverred the following information:-

CALLING INTERNATIONAL FROM THAILAND

There are now two 'official' companies offering International Telephone Services here in Thailand.

CAT - offers 'International' connections via the prefix 001 & 009 (different prices), and is available for almost all phones (both fixed line & mobile).

ToT - offers 'International' connections via the prefix 007 & 008 (different prices), and is available for all phones.

001. Is the original International Access code for use FROM Thailand. All phones will connect if prefix 001 is used. The quality is excellent, BUT this is the most expensive method. In most cases it will NOT be necessary to use 001 - try some others first.

This is current August 2007:

Pressing + or 001 will get you through to the high quality service offered by CAT. The sound quality is clear, making it suitable for business calls to over 230 countries across the world. The minimum call duration is one minute, and any remaining part minute is billed in six-second blocks. For instance, a call to the USA will cost Bt9 per minute and Bt0.9 for each additional six-second block.

Pressing 007 will get you through to the high quality service offered by TOT. The sound quality is clear, making it suitable for business calls to over 210 countries across the world. The minimum call duration is 1 minute, and remaining periods of less than 30 seconds duration are billed per half minute. Remaining part-minutes in excess of 30 seconds are rounded up to one minute. Call charge is currently 9 baht/min.

Pressing 008 will get you through to the economy service offered by TOT, which uses voice over internet protocol (VoIP) to help you save money on international calls to over 150 countries across the world. The minimum call duration is 1 minute, and remaining time is billed per six-second block. For instance, a call to the USA is charged at Bt5 per minute, with each remaining six-second block charged at 50 satang.

Pressing 009 or eFONE will get you through to the economy service offered by CAT, which uses Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) to help you save money on international calls to over 150 countries across the world. The minimum call duration is 1 minute, and remaining time is billed per six-second block. For instance, a call to the USA is charged at Bt5 per minute, with each remaining six-second block charged at 50 satang.
    David

Thanks

thank you David_loves_ubonwan this is the prefix i have used for many years for business, yes its expensive, but its the best by far. I also use 1 2 call same 00144# when i am in thailand.

Thread Information