PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Going to Mukdahan
    Thanks

Going to Mukdahan

Can anyone advise me how to go to Mukdahan from Bkk. Any hotel to recommend. I am going there on Feb next year. Thank You

Thanks

Re: Going to Mukdahan

Get a train/plane/bus to Ubon and then a bus from Ubon to Mugdahan. Be sure to get tuk tuk ride while you're in Ubon.

Last time I was there, no bridge, only farang in town and no guest houses. Absolutely lovely town. I nearly went back this year on my hols but then heard there was a bridge. Wondering if it's been ruined?

Thanks

I was there a little over a 18 months ago. The bridge wasn't finished. It is a nice town. I can't recommend any hotels as we were only there for the day (came over from Kalasin). I saw several farang, so I'm sure there are available accommodations. Jaocheu covered the transportation bit. Enjoy your trip!
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks

talking Re: Going to Mukdahan

thanks for the info. I am going there to visit a friend. From the website it shown two hotels 1) Ploy Palace Hotel & 2) Mukdahan Grand Hotel, both 3 stars rating. It seem that there are buses going there direct from BKK northern terminal bus station.

Thanks

there are direct buses from Mo Chit bus station
    http://www.transport.co.th/Eng/NORTH%20EAST10.htm

Thanks

I went on the train and got a sleeper. Couldn't stand a bus that long. Nowadays I'd get the plane.

Suwanaket is also part of a Lao idiom. "Are you going to Suwanaket?", it means are you going to get laid tonight. (funny how so many Lao greetings ask this question) Beats Sawat dee. They say it in Vientaine, not sure if it actually works and you can say it in Suwanaket itself though..... Reason it came about is because Suwanaket is the knocking shop of Lao. And unless any new hotels or guest houses have appeared lately, don't be surprised if that sleepy little hotel you left in the afternoon is lit up like a christmas tree blasting music and when you return in the evening, full of Vientnamese girls and wealthy Lao men having a party in the downstairs and playing bedroom manouvers all night.

Thread Information