PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
BKK hotel for honeymoon
    Thanks

BKK hotel for honeymoon

We're going to be spending a mnth in Thailand for our honeymoon, and are staying in BKK for the first 3 nights. We'll be travelling around a lot and not really pre-booking hotels, but for our time in BKK we'd like to get a really nice hotel.
    We've had a look at what are 'apparently' the best (Oriental, Peninsula etc) but on the internet there seems to be some debate as to whether they are overrated/overpriced. What I'd like is somewhere nice and romantic with a decent location that doesn't cost the earth. We don't need a butler in our room or a man squeezing fresh orange juice for us by the side of our bed as we wake up, but would still like somewhere pretty nice.

I know it's a lot to ask as there are many many hotels in BKK, but a little bit of help or recommendation from anyone would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer - both about the hotel and indeed any 'honeymooney' things that we can do that anyone would recommend.

Cheers
    Daz

Thanks

Re: BKK hotel for honeymoon

The Peninsula is a good bet. It won't cost you too much depending on the room and how you book it. If you book it by means of a travel agent that is based in Thailand, you will often get much lower rates than what you can find using services on the net.

Only problem with Peninsula is that it's on the other side of the river which makes it a pain to go into the main areas of Bangkok. A nice hotel with a great location is the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. If you don't want to spend quite that much, there is a fairly new hotel right down the street just a ways called the Majestic Grande. The Davis Hotel is another decent one. All 3 of these hotels are in an excellent location and have very nice rooms.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Under the "Honeymooney" things to do section, how about a river dinner cruise -or even staying on board a bit longer?

http://www.loynava.com/ -For dinner only

http://www.manohracruises.com/-for overnight stay.

Not tried myself-but look good.

Thanks

you may want to try novotel

Thanks

I would highly recommend the Bangkok Marriott Resort and Spa. It's down the river a bit and you can take a free ferry from Taksin bridge skytrain station (someone correct me if I'm wrong please, I'm not 100% sure about the station name.)
    They have a great pool and beautiful riverside restaurants. It's a beautiful hotel. An added bonus is, they might give you an invitation to try out the Phuket Marriott Beach Club, which is their timeshare property joined onto the JW Marriott down there. With the invitation you can stay for 3 night for USD99. Pretty good considering that the 2 bedroom apartments that you get to stay in are usually about USD350 a night. The only stipulation is that you sit through a 90 minute sales presentation, which we did and it was not a hassle at all. No hard sell.

Even without the Phuket Marriott invite, I would still stay at the Bangkok Resort and Spa. It's lovely.

When we stayed there on our honeymoon they sent us a cake with a message on it and a card.
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks

i think conrad is best hotel ever!

Thread Information