PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
I'm new in this forum
    Thanks
    Hello everyone, kinda stumbled upon this forum and its really great to find that there are many Thailand fanatics here.. ha..just like me!! Really hope to be part of the regulars here soon. Anyway, I just came back from BKK 2 weeks ago and I had a great time there. I went to Hua Hin too and I think its a pretty relaxing place to breakaway after a few hectic days in BKK. Have anyone of you been to Mai Ton island? Its actually just south of phuket. I've never been there but a Thai friend of mine recommended it to me. And also I realised there's quite a number of Singaporeans in this forum. Ha..maybe one day we can gather all the Thailand fanatics from this forum and make a trip together. Oh yes, I was reading about the overnight bus from Hatyai to BKK? I was actually planning to to take the bus for my previous trip..hoping to do some sightseeing of Southern Thailand while on the bus. Has anyone here taken the bus trip before? And is there a day bus?

Thanks
    Johnny Depp is in the forum! Hello, jdepp, let me welcome you to the forum where everyone is either a Thailand lover or a Thai!

If you hope to be a regular then you gotta post more often. Hope to seeya around more frequently. There are a few Singaporeans here as you have noticed.

About the bus trip to Hatyai, I don't think there is a day version. Not too sure about that though. I too am trying to find out more about taking buses to taking planes. It'll be a much cheaper alternative.

Thanks
    I've been travelling around Thailand for the last 14 years, both for pleasure and for work. Generally speaking I prefer the trains, if it's only possible. Prices are the same for aircon sleepers and buses. In a train you have the advantage of walking around and sleeping comfortably on your bed. There are connections in the south, where you can admire the scenery i.e. Hat Yai - Trang - Krabi - Phuket or Hat Yai towards north; Phattalung, Nakon Sri Thammarat, Surathani Chumpon and so on. If you're not in a hurry, you can see most of these places easily. For long trips, i.e. Hat Yai Bangkok, I'd take the train without hesitation, but like I said, it's my personal preference. Two main reasons for this are; there is not that much space in the buses for you and your feet, if you're taller than the average Thai. Secondly, there are on the average 33 road deads every day, during the big festivals the numbers usually rise to several hundreds.
    I've done a day time bus from Bangkok to Phuket (13 hours) and Chiang Mai to Bangkok (9) hours plus several shorter trips. Regional and domestic flights are not that expensive either. Not so long time ago, you could get a Finnair flight from Bangkok to Singapore for 4000-5000 baht (return). A 2-3 night package with hotels included start from 7.000 baht.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!~~

Love to hear more about the 'thai-fanatics' gathering trip!!
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Thanks

happy

ooooowwwwww!! Thai fanatics trip!!!??

Me too! Me too!! I want to hear more about that too..

Thread Information