Thanks

so happy! Need Recreation Advice: Help on where to go required

Hey,

I am goming to Thailand later this week and will be spending two days in BKK awaiting some friends that will be meeting me. I am an American working in central Asia and have heard great things about vacationing in Thailand. The problem is that most of the people that I have spoken to are only interested in the nasty side of Thailand. I am not interested in paying for company, but I would like to know where I can go to relax and have a few drinks without being hassled by seedy working girls. Does such a place exist? If so can someone please point me in the right direction?

On that note, I also have not picked a hotel yet. I usually prefer to travel without a defined itenerary in case I decide I like some place and want to spend more time there. Are there any recommended hotels where I can expericience the local culture but not be too out of place as an over 6ft tall white boy?

Thanks,
    Chris

also, if you have any really good suggestions you can email me at mrwilder@gmail.com

Thanks Again

Thanks

Re: Need Recreation Advice

If you stay out of Pattaya, Patong and Patpong, then you wont meet many working girls, seedy or otherwise.

Only once has a working girl come and joined our gatherings at bars or restaurants. That was at a restaurant when we happened to be there in an all male group. BTW: She was a lot more dignified than some of the tourists you see and was perfectly fine about it when no one was interested.

IMHO the nasty side of Thailand is more down to some the tourists than the locals who do jobs that aren't "nice".

Thanks

so happy! Re: Need Recreation Advice

Thanks,

I have gotten some really helpful emails about some clubs and bars to check out. Now I just need to find a place to stay.
    I have heard that the Intercontinental is nice. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thread Information