PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Rites of passage
    Hi, I'm doing a school project on teen culture in another country and I chose Thailand because my grandpa went there three years ago and my dad is going there in a couple of weeks after he stops here to visit us for Christmas. Anyway I was wondering what kinds of rites of passage exist in your country. For example what's the legal drinking age, driving age, what's graduation like, and are there any coming of age ceremonies or anything? I live in Canada and if you would like to know anything about my country I'd be happy to give you any information I can. Also we need epals or whatever and so if you would like to email back and forth that would be cool. I love meeting new people. Thanx for the hlep!

Thanks
    We don't really have any "rites of passage" in our country. But, most adult males (usually when they are 20) become a monk for a short while.

I wrote a column for the Bangkok Post once called "How old is old enough?" which you might find useful.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/education...2/grap3002.htm

I think I had minimum ages somewhere, I'll try and find it for you.

I am afraid I don't get time for penfriends these days. I get several hundred messages to read each week already so I don't usually go looking for more!!
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thread Information