PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
My friend in khon kaen
    ludwig billiet Guest
    Hello,

My friend lives in Khon Kaen and it is very difficult te set up good
    communication to her. She has to go to an internetshop, can only
    send and receive E-mail. I would like her to be helped so that she
    can surf the www, send me digital pictures and use msn messenger
    any suggestions welcome,
    thank you all very much
    Ludwig

Thanks
    In internet shops she can do all of those things. Most computers would have MSN already. Just make sure she doesn't save her password! She can also surf the internet in the internet cafe. Away from tourist areas it is very cheap.

If she has a computer at home, all she has to do is buy an internet package which gives a certain number of hours or months. You can buy these anywhere like the local 7-Eleven. I think the most expensive for one month unlimted is less than 500 baht. Maybe even 300 baht sometimes.
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks
    When I was in Khon Kaen, the internet cafes were very cheap like Nattawud says - about 15-20 Baht an hour. She wouldn't have any problems using MSN messenger in most places, I don't know how many would let you install the digital camera software though. Still, I'm sure there's somewhere.

In addition to what Nattawud says, there is the phone line charges on top of the ISP charges if you use your own PC.

ludwig billiet Guest
    Hello,

Thanks for your help. But aparently there are two problems : she goes
    to an internet shop where either she can not explain well what she wants or the people there prefer kids that play games. Also her english is not
    so well, this makes it extra difficult for me to explain to her. I was not
    looking for webcam, just the possibility for her to make some digital photo's that she can send. I also think she is not a real PC whizzkid.

Ludwig

Thanks
    Yes, outside of the tourist areas, most of the internet cafes are used to play network games or internet games such as Ragnarok.

I am not clear from your post whether your friend has a digital camera or not. I am guessing not. In the shopping malls in Bangkok you can go to photo studios and some have the option to give you your photos on CD-ROM. She can then send these to you as an attachment using MSN or e-mail. I am sure the people in the shop will help.

If you want me to write a letter to your friend in Thai, then send me the message in English to my e-mail (click on the e-mail icon below) and also give me their e-mail address and I will send them a letter in Thai.
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

ludwig billiet Guest
    Hello Nattawud, Gor,

Thank you very much. I asked her if she can use some help from people
    in Thailand and the answer is affirmative. So we will be glad to have
    you giving us a little assistance. I wil send you a mail with the necessary
    information.
    And again, thanks, if there is something I can do for you, from here,
    please let me know.

Greetings,
    Ludwig

Thread Information