PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Coming to thailand

talking

hello i am coming over to thailand in November to volounteer in a primary school. i would like to go some where that is not too full of tourists and also some where that is most needing volounteers, thank you

delawang Guest
    Hi Emma! How long r u staying, have you taught before, can you speak much Thai, and how do you feel about spicy food?

I am thinking it would be great if you could volunteer at my daughter's school in the NE. No beaches or pretty mountains, just farms, buffalo and silk worms.

emma Guest

talking

Hi Emma

I can recommend Isaan to you, I love the North East of Thailand. you might be interested to know about volunthai - a program run by a friend of mine here in Khorat. Michael Anderson runs English camps in rural schools here in Isaan(who are definitely in need of help). He wants native english speakers to help at weekends and offers free board in return.

I know that everyone has a good time and a unique experience.

Check out the website - www.volunthai.com

Failing that, i know some schools in a beautiful place called Wang Num Keow, about an hour from Khorat, near Khao Yai National Park, that would love a volunteer english teacher. I'd be happy to take you there and introduce you to the teachers. (They might stop nagging me to go and teach then )

emma

delawang Guest
    This sounds like a way better gig than staying in our village. Make sure to see Pi Mai while you are in the area.

Thanks

panic

Silk-worms???? *arg* I HATE SILK WORMS!!!

Thread Information