Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girlfriend

Thanks

blushing The Girlfriend

Reading some of the previous mail on girlfriends I'm probably putting myself in the firing line........But
    For some time I've been corresponding with a number of girls on the internet and have found one that seems special. Why, well I am moving to Thailand in 2007 and would like find a decent girlfriend and eventualy marry. We are meeting for the first time later this month but with all the horror stories you guys have told I'm concerned that she has suddenly declared that she wants to travel with me when I leave BKK so explore more of Thailand. She (perhaps no surprise) declares that she works for an insurance company, although through our previous correspondance this seems genuine, I only have doubts after reading other comments on this forum.
    So.......Is her behaviour unusual for a modern BKK girl or is this more typical of the bar girl mentality. I have told her that until we meet and get to know each other better I'm not prepared to comit to travelling together, and in any case I have no idea if she expects to share a room or not. I guess all will become clearer when we meet but I would be interested in your comments.

Thanks

Re: The Girlfriend

Well I traveled with my Thai girlfriend I just met on the net, well more the other way round, she took me to Pattaya from Bangkok. Because I paid for the airfare to come see her, she paid for the transport from Bangkok to Pattaya, meals and also paid for 2 days accommodation at Jomtien beach, I paid for the return trip to Bangkok, amusements and attractions. I think sharing the expenses is a fair thing, specially considering the cost of the airfare to go see her. If you Thai girlfriend is willing to meet you some where in between on expenses, depending on what you both can afford, I think she is OK. A bar girl on the other hand will want you to pay for every thing and tell you stories of her sick buffalo, to try and get more money out of you.
    I would only trust a girl who was willing to share expenses, if she is not, she is just looking for a free ride, a free holiday, a free meal ticket. A Genuine Thai girl is willing to pull her weight, even if that is only paying for 25% of expenses, due to income discrepancy, she will make up the rest by serving you as a hospitable host.
    My internet girlfriend ended up as a disaster, when she started demanding money, when she got bored with the relationship, about 3 months after meeting her in Thailand. Well I got news for you, she did not make a profit out of me, I think we ended up a 50:50 split in what we got and received.

Thanks

she could very well be serious, she might be able to get time off from work to go with you, and sure she will share the room, she will not sleep outside the door or expect you to either,
    Pay no attention to Paul as I don't think he has even been here, she will most likley bust loose with some money, but remember, her wages for a month would only be for a day or 2 for you if you had any kind of a job at all.

And you will probably stay in a little nicer place than she can afford and damn sure want to eat in nicer places and more expensive grub that she would normally order and what she costs you will be negligable to what you will spend on yourself witout her, and she might save you more in the long run that she will cost.

It is not what they cost you here that is the biggie to most of us, but the fact that when some dudes go home they send 10 or 20k a month, buy her a new car and make pmnts. and rent her a fine apt. and all that shit that costs you after they were picked up in a tourist service venue and all the while she is still doing the thing that you are paying her so she won't have to do it no more.

Thanks

Thanks for your input Paul.

So am I correct in thinking that aside from expenses you dont think her asking to travel with me before we have even met face to face is especially unusual. Dont misunderstand me, like any normal man to have an attractive girl make that offer is flattering and could be loads of fun. But since I'm looking for a genuine girlfriend where there are so many girls with hidden agendas it sort of took me on the back foot.

Thanks

Not at all, if you have talked to her very long then she does consider you her boyfriend and thinks nothing of going with you, and her ulterior motive is so you won't be looking and fooling around with other girls, Thai women are a jealous lot at best.
    I have been married for 5 years and my wife still watches me like a hawk watching a chicken, and I have never even spoken to another female since I married her, well, not that she has personally seen anyway.

Hell don't worry, come on and let it all hang out..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,573 Posts

It would certainly be a good way of getting to know each other -maybe this is what she has in mind, should initial contact go well. It would also be advantageous to have a fluent Thai speaker by your side, and you are likely to see places and people etc that no tourist ever does as a bonus.

St Andrews, Scotland / Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
    Thanks

Laarbruch: If I was you I would actually wait before talking about things like that - meeting the person is quite important. Take one thing at a time rather than rushing into things because in my view rushing into things only will cause you to spend more money. See if there is an attraction aside from talking with her on the internet and if you two get along.
    Let me also mention that all the posts here are about relationships that have gone wrong. There are, I presume, plenty of people on this site who are quite content with their wives and girlfriends who are Thai. Please, whatever you do, don't leave this forum with the stereotypical view that all Thai women are like this. It is similar to reading about murders in a place like New York for example and yet thousands of tourists come and go and really enjoy their stay. What I am trying to say, the bad of things are talked about more and outlined more than the good at times.
    At least you are moving to Thailand and will be able to pick things up first hand while you are there which is a major problem for most who are their intermittently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laarbruch
    Thanks for your input Paul.

So am I correct in thinking that aside from expenses you dont think her asking to travel with me before we have even met face to face is especially unusual. Dont misunderstand me, like any normal man to have an attractive girl make that offer is flattering and could be loads of fun. But since I'm looking for a genuine girlfriend where there are so many girls with hidden agendas it sort of took me on the back foot.
    On thing is dead certain, Paul talks out of his back end. Read his previous posts and you will notice that the majority of his posts don't vary one iota from the one theme. You know what they say about a pinch of salt?

The wife, who is Thai, says that no respectable Thai girl would go travelling with someone that she has never met and that includes a Thai man that she has not known for a long time.

St Andrews, Scotland / Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
    Thanks

I agree with Peterg. To me at least it sounds like the girl is taking advantage of you. Hell, if I was in her position I wouldn't mind traveling as well if you paid for everything. Like I mentioned before, don't jump into things and don't be scared to say NO to her - be fair but on the other hand have some sense about ya. I don't think that any girl, no matter where they are from, would really want to travel somewhere with someone they didn't know at all besides meeting on the internet (except those few cases of young ones who fall prey to predators on the internet which is another story)...

Thanks

At least you are moving to Thailand and will be able to pick things up first hand while you are there which is a major problem for most who are their intermittently.
    Looks like Pauls class spelling and context,, and he aint never been to st marys and don't give lectures at universitys either.

Thread Information