PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
The Girlfriend - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girlfriend

Thanks

Re: The Girlfriend

Since you are moving to Thailand why not just wait until you are resident then let nature take its course. Normal interaction will bring you into contact with many people including single women. It's then likely that you will meet someone with whom you will have a natural affinity. You will then meet socially, and if the universe meshes, you will end up as partners. If you don't, then the whole process will start again.

Of course, if you want a short cut, then go to one of the less salubrious parts of Bangkok, and bang you will have the partner of your dreams. Of course, you will have to keep a hard hold on your wallet and bank account!

Thanks

Interesting and useful feedback.
    Yes FaranginPetch she does regard me as her boyfriend, again this is only through correspondance and I would like to think that after talking to all sorts over the internet I've found a decent girl. She says this is so we can have the maximum time together to get to know each other properly. (Could be as you say that she wants to keep me to herself and that ok with me if she is genuine). I've already told her that we should spend time together in BKK before I'm prepared to agree to travelling together and intend to stick to that.
    Anyway I'm not contemplating paying any form of maintenance to keep her interested, to me that seems unnecessary if she is working full time.And yes I take the point that not every Thai Girl is a potential libility and on the take.

Thanks All, will let you know how I got on after Christmas if only to help anyone else in a similar situation

Thanks

If truth be known, most guys on this forum, including me initially met the women we have married in some way on the internet.
    Some will try to bullshit you and say that they met them at a party hosted by HRH or at a high class govt function but it is mostly bullshit and the women that they married are just the same middle class Thai and not a real HISO broad with missionary manners.
    It comes that we have not that much chance to just meet women in the store or at church or a nice lady in a bar that just stopped with the girls for a cool one on her way home from work.
    I have dated a lot of women from all walks of Thai life and business and all of them I met on the net somehow, I do meet some that are working in shops but it is damn hard to get one to go out with you if met that way.

Thanks

As you may or may not know I am in the same situation, I met my girlfriend (yes I am her boyfriend) online and we have been talking for a long time (almost a year now) online, webcam, and the phone. Gifts have been given (no money either way) and we have come to be very close. We do not do phone sex or anything like that, although we have discussed sex like adults. In april I am going to travel to see her and her family spend as much time with them as I can afford. What happens after that is anybodys guess. One thing about meeting a girl online is that you are almost immeadiatly able to find one that speaks more english than if you were walking down the street or up country.

Thanks

That is very true, I do know a lot of Thai that can not understand spoken English or speak more than a few words, But can read and understand it pretty well.
    Yes it does make it easier to find a person that is more proficent in English altho some internet shops do the translation and write the replys for the customers for a small service cost. So it is sometimes hard to tell.
    We have had a few Thai girls here bring printouts to us for translation sometimes, so ya pays ya money and takes ya chances..

Thanks

of cousre if you talk for a little while and then call, its alot harder to translate a call without it going unnoticed

Thanks

Because of we have many kinds of people on this world, I known some Thai girls try to run away from their bad life here. Somes different reasons but not less, they looking for real love....

Good luck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laarbruch
    Is her behaviour unusual for a modern BKK girl or is this more typical of the bar girl mentality. I have told her that until we meet and get to know each other better I'm not prepared to comit to travelling together, and in any case I have no idea if she expects to share a room or not.
    I would say that its not a bar-girl mentality. Ofcourse i cannot know for sure but its seems like youve connected on one level already which doesnt make it unthinkable taking a trip together.

But, maybe she might feel threatened by other thai ladies if you travel alone and she have strong feelings for you. A farang is always a quarry to some thai girls.

Hopefully this problem turns out to not be as severe as you anticipate.

Thanks

I think that FiP (in his ever-so colorful manner) has nailed this one.

Thai women are jealous, jealous, jealous. She wants to travel with you to get to know you sure enough, but she is really motivated to travel with you so that others don't get to know you. It is a dog-eat-dog world when it come to Thai women and their Farang men.
    If she has not hit her forties and a sound career path, then it is possible that she does not have the money to "share" the expense like Paul would advise. That would not keep her from wanting to protect her stake by traveling with you; don't have narrow vision about the money.

A small bit of advice on this great escape: when you "sleep" with a Thai woman you are married to that Thai woman in her eyes (and many other eyes). It is not a legal matter, but care should be taken. There are more ways to catch an unsuspecting man in Thailand than I would have ever thought.

In short, a little common sense will go a long ways when you get to BKK. Have a blast!
    The Heart determines what is Possible by the Mind

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pclev

A small bit of advice on this great escape: when you "sleep" with a Thai woman you are married to that Thai woman in her eyes (and many other eyes). It is not a legal matter, but care should be taken. There are more ways to catch an unsuspecting man in Thailand than I would have ever thought.
    I would believe this. A farang dating a Thai lady reported that she started to refer to herself as "the wife" after a few days of holidaying in Thailand with the farang (to the big disconcertment of the farang's daughter who was also in Thailand). What more, he soon found himself being groomed to participate in a pig head's ceremony, the meaning of which was not explained to him by the girl. Curious to the hilt, the farang phoned a Thai friend who explained to him that that was a form of a marriage ritual (though not legally binding)! He fled at the nick of time. (Remember my story, pclev?)

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thread Information