PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Is Pattaya westernised?

Is Pattaya westernised?

Is pattaya westernised?

Thanks

question

What do you mean by "westernized?"
    Abandon wrongdoing. It can be done.
    Cultivate doing good. It can be done.

Thanks
    People say this and that about Pattaya. It can be what you want it to be. I would say internationalized. Yet, it is still Thailand with all the culture you can find. Hope you make it a constuctive trip

Thanks
    Hi pasquale_grollino, your question is really determined by how you would choose to define "westernized". Are you infering an adoption of Western culture, or a superficial influx of western tourists, or a high degree of English articulatary?

Westernization has somewhat affected all Asian countries to varying degrees due to widespread colonisation in the 19th and 20th centuries. Thailand is less influenced due to it never having been occupied, with a long history.

With respects to western tourists, Thailand can boast to be one of the best in Asia and the best in S.E.Asia. However, the general standard of English as a language is rather low. All this is subject to my own opinions, feel free to disagree.

Thanks
    I don't know about the westernized part,but I'm sure there's plenty of Sea sports!!
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Thanks
    I liked Pattaya as it is different, it has a lot of action. but the beach was relativly small and the water was very flat, compared with the majority of Australian beaches side tourist resorts, which means it is not any good for surfing.

Thanks
    I also went to Pattaya with a friend and I liked it a lot

My friend is 23 and I'm 22 and we're from Holland. When we walked through Pattaya at night (boulevard) many many girls started screaming and waving at us... it was very nice I assume this positive behaviour of the Thai women in Pattaya has something to do with the stereotype of the European men (they think most European men are old and fat)? I saw a lot 'old' fat men with young girls and I do know it's only business for the women but I didn't like it at all. Many times when I crossed a 'couple' like that... the girl looked at me as if she was asking me to please take her away from that guy.

Next year I'm going to Pattaya again... that's for sure. And I also know that when I see a Thai girl that is having problems with some guy that for example forces her to do something... I will kick his ass! Thai women are beautifull in the inside and outside and I would help them anytime...

I love Thailand

Thanks
    I will do the same.....All Thai Women should be treated with respect.

Thanks
    I hate that pig syndrome. It's disgusting seeing these old fat drunk guys fondling some 15 year old girl who is desperate to make a little cash. I won't go to Pattaya - I don't want to see that crap.

Thread Information